“Good stay!!!”

Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Downtown
Ranked #51 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“Good stay!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

This is an older review from before I trip advised. My father was in the hospital for a few weeks, so we stayed here. The room was clean and the beds are comfortable. The service was ok. All in all its an extended stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank NateB4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fremont, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Prepare yourself for a long list of complaints.

The building itself is poorly built. Floors creak, doors need to be slammed to close, the roof in the lobby was leaking, etc. Due to the shoddy workmanship, when the guests above my room walked around early in the morning (2:30am) the sounds were extremely loud and continually woke me. Likewise, the doors stopped virtually no sound so any activity in the hallway was clearly heard. I'm not sure what the typical guests are like at this hotel, but they were not business travelers and were much younger than I expected and clearly there for a more "extended stay." There was smoking on my "non-smoking" floor. My door was ajar when I first arrived at my room and I had to use significant force to close it each time. Portions of the shower were clearly not cleaned (dust and debris on shelves) which made me question the cleanliness of any other portion of the room. The bed had broken springs nearly protruding through the top layer of the mattress. The grab 'n go breakfast was worse than I expected. Typically one would expect to find some milk and some other choices. Coffee, granola bars, instant oatmeal, and apples are not that great of a selection. No shampoo in the room upon arrival. Parking overly expensive for such a lightly populated downtown area. Overall, the worst experience I've had on business travel. Oh, one positive, the Internet connection was free, easy, and sufficiently fast.

Room Tip: A room in another hotel is your best bet.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank alotau

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Nome, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I booked a month reservation on line, received a reservation confirmation with the total amount due. Very easy process and the agent was very helpful. I then called the Anchorage Downtown to have a Credit Card Authorization Release Form faxed to me. I asked the agent if their was a return number and she assured me there was. I received the form but their was not a fax number on the form to fax back so had to call long distance again to get the fax number, yes the agent was aware that I do not live in the Anchorage area. This agent assured me that upon my sons check in today that the whole amount would be charged to my credit card. This afternoon the 1st credit card transaction was for $470.33 and not for the full amount as requested on the Credit Card Authorization Release Form, for charges not to exceed $2,015.66 and also the reservation confirmation. Called long distance again and was told sorry I will cancel the $470.33 and charge your credit card the total amount due. Checked my account again and a second charge of $2,343.29 was charged. Called long distance again and was told that the rates go up in April so you are being charged more. Faxed my online reservation confirmation back to the hotel. Was told that the $2,343.29 would be cancelled and the $470.33 had been cancelled. Not so! Now I am sitting with two separate charges, overdraft fees and no manager to speak to until possibly tomorrow morning and an agent not willing or wanting to help.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Terry L
Homer, Alaska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

No need for dismay if you get stuck with this on a blind bid from Priceline. It's clean, quiet, ample hot water, acceptable free internet, and the on street parking really isn't that much hassle.
But if you have to pay anywhere near rack rate you'll probably be disappointed by the tiny room, crummy channel selection on the TV, surcharge for not very convenient parking, limited pool/hot-tub hours, limited maid service, and marginal breakfast.

Room Tip: Ground floor is quieter and more convenient to parking.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank akfletchers
Palmer, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had reserved a king suite for three adults. When we arrived to check in, we watched two parties in front of us be told their reservations were not available. When it was our turn at the counter, the agent told us we were not able to stay in the king suite we had reserved. She said it was Extended Stay policy that our reservation merely held a room, but not necessarily the room we had reserved over the phone. We were offered a queen room, but with three adults that was not a feasible option. Even though we had reserved our room weeks in advance, they were unable to honor that reservation. The desk agent suggested we call the manager, though there was no way they could accommodate the reservation we paid for. We were able to secure a full refund, but had to find a different hotel to stay for the night.

Room Tip: Be sure they guarantee your room prior to travel!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mary W
Anchorage, Alaska
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Needs a staff up grade not to mention a room update
Room and the bed were really bad not to mention that the noise in the hall was like trying to sleep at a bar children playing ball in the halls at night loud drunk people on the cell phone late at night in the hall way where everyone could here the not so appropriate conversation
And the dog stuck in a guest car under my window in 5 degree temperature howling for hours because I'm sure it was freezing
I've been in tons of hotels
across America nothing quite like this place The
First room the beds where not made and the toilet flapper did not work and the bed was like sleeping in a bowl of jello .

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank RoadWarrior196209
Taylorville, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

We were not familiar with Extended Stay and we booked on the busiest night of the year in Anchorage. We got lucky. A beautiful motel with spacious beautiful well equipped rooms and a caring and excellent staff. Don't know if we will ever go to Alaska again but if we do, we will stay at Extended Stay America in downtown Anchorage.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple