“For one night oke”

Ranked #56 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“For one night oke”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were at the end of the trip and had just two days before our flight. For those two nights it was oke. But the price (we got it for 136 by hotwire) was way too much!
Normally it is even more expensive!
It looks clean (if it is?), kitchen unit in room but nothing more than that.

Room Tip: For that price go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sneeuwwitjeroos

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Since the hotel was only one block from the cruise bus drop off point, I figure it would be a very convenient place to stay. The woman working check-in, greeted me warmly and was very friendly and answered all of my questions and directed me toward my room. I got totally lost looking as the numbering system is not sequential but was in luck as 4 or 5 little girls directed me to my room. That was the first thing that was different than most hotels. Many of the rooms were open and large families sat within talking or watching TV and many little children played in the halls. It appeared to be and extended family, all knowing each other. The room was very large. I won't say not clean but would say it had seen better days. It included a complete kitchen and some plastic dishware. The bed was saggy but would do since it was only one night.

Later that evening, returning from dinner is when the disaster struck. My room was on the ground level with the window facing the street as did one of the rooms of the extended family. As I turned to walk into the hotel, I witnessed members of the family tear off the screen from their window which adjoined mine, open the window and proceed to enter their room by way of the window for what reason, I don't know. This was right out on the street on the ground floor anyone walking by or driving by could see how easy it was to break int their or my room! When I reported this to the new desk clerk, it did not seem to upset her as much as it did me. Again it was only for one night. I spent a sleepless night thinking that, at any moment, anyone could have easy access through my street level window. Location and price should not be the main reason to pick hotel. Safety should be number 1!

Room Tip: Don't stay street-side or you too may have the families who live there entering their room throu...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank JJMAYNARD

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Upon our late arrival, we were not given much attention when we checked in. There was a woman at the counter, talking with the desk clerk about Bingo. We arrived at the hotel at 12:30am, got settled in our room, and after traveling for 8 hours, were fast asleep within an hour of our arrival. At 1:30 am, there was an obnoxiously loud BANGING on our door. It was the desk clerk, asking us if we were supposed to be in this room and how did we get the key. I went down with her to see what was going on. Because she was TOO BUSY speaking with the other woman (who I realized later "lives" in the hotel), she did not pay attention to any of my paperwork. She didn't even remember checking us in (its only been an hour).
The breakfast is "grab and go"= granola bars, fruit, instant oatmeal, & coffee. You can't get anything though because the "residents" are there, consuming or just taking all the items they want.
We stayed a week and were offered a housekeeping day. On the day that it was scheduled, the housekeeper knocked on the door, asked if we were leaving that day & that was the extent of our "housekeeping"
There is an indoor pool which states that from 10-11pm, it is adults only. Not the case. There was a family of 6 kids in the pool area, all under the age of 12, swimming with no supervision. Again, come to realize it was a family of "residents".
I booked my room from April 25-May 2. On May 1, there is a knock (AGAIN) on the door. This time it is the front desk girl asking me if I was going to be checking out soon. I told her that I was sure I had reserved the room through the 2nd. She proceeded to tell me that since I had checked in a day early, I had to check out a day early. Thank goodness I found my itinerary so I could prove to her that I had reserved the room for the entire week. While we were talking about it, she gets this look on her face and starts telling me that I checked in on the 25th at 12:30 am. I asked to see my check-in paperwork, which I signed and dated "April 26th, 12:30am". She begins apologizing profusely for the mistake and tells me to enjoy the rest of my stay. The desk clerk that checked us in submitted the paperwork wrong..
Needless to stay, I do not recommend this hotel unless you like being bothered all the time. Or if you do not mind sharing your hotel with people who live there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mary M
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Had everything I needed. I especialley enjoyed the quiet and had the pool and jacuzzi all to myself! Wonderful king size bed. Lots of tv channels to choose from. Very clean.staff friendly and helpful. Only problem was loose handle on toilet.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank janetcc9
ak
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Excellent hotel, was running $76 nights on Travelociy the end of April so I called and booked at room. We were previously at a costlier hotel. Overall accomodations are nice. The beds are a little outdated but still fairly comfortable. The pool is really nice but very chlorinated. Staff is friendly and hotel is well maintained. We will definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AkAk_101
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed at this location for 2 nights in Mar 2014, the hotel staff was okay. I don't understand why the advertise of having breakfast when all they have is some gas station quality muffins and fruits. There is no free parking, you have option of paying $10 per day to use their parking. Room was not very clean but every appliance was in working condition. Stay here only if you want to crash for the night.

Room Tip: On a good sunny day, you can really walk to downtown attractions from this location.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank suMountainLover
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had reserved a non smoking room and after arriving late at night we learned they only had a smoking room. They sent us to the other extended stay a few miles away and when we arrived we learned that even tho they had called ahead and assured us they had a room upon arrival we learned they only had a small room not the one we had reserved. After waiting 30 minutes the lady kept blaming everyone as to why she couldn't just give us the key , she finally called her supervisor and told us she didn't know how to pay for the room since we had already paid online. After waiting 45 more minutes we walked out and stayed in aspen hotels in anchorage and they had great service and a great hotel. Recommendation skip extended stay and go to aspen hotel

Room Tip: Don't stay here
Stayed April 2014, travelled with family