“Overnight with the family” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dimond Center Hotel

Dimond Center Hotel
Ranked #12 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Sterling, Alaska
“Overnight with the family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed the night for our son's birthday weekend. Room was quiet and clean except for finding a partially consumed bottle of soda left in the fridge. Wanted to take a nice long soak in the large tub but that will have to wait for our next visit.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Michael B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Homer, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2013

I just MUST say that I am elated with the service provided..The Housekeepers are very honest and reliable..I had absent-mindedly laid my two wedding rings (approx. $3,000.00) down, to put on hand lotion. And forgot to put them back on, before gathering up our other things to check out. As we drove back down to Homer I realised that I had lost my rings!!! HEART ATTACK!!!! The first thing I did was call the Hotel back...and YES!! They had them and said they would mail them to me..Well I am so poud to say, that they did JUST THAT! I got my two rings today in the mail..I almost cried! TYSM for being such an AWESOME Hotel..Our Home away from Home!! OH YEAH...How could I forget to mention..That Jetted Hot Tub ROCKS!! We probably will not be staying anywhere else, on our trips up to Anchorage. <3 **SUPER HAPPY!!**

Room Tip: Room 106 Was the MOST Awesome!! It has the heavenly, JETTED hot tub!! <3 <3
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda G
Cordova, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

I started using this hotel in 2010 and have used it exclusively ever since. It is half the cost of most other hotels in Anchorage and offers twice the value. Their rooms are large and well appointed. The tile bathrooms and 72" tubs are wonderful. Plush towels, robes, large flat screen T.V.s, free breakfast, the list just goes on and on. On my resent stay I noticed they switched to organic soaps for the sink and shower which are wonderful. My only hope is that more people don't discover this hotel so I can always get a room.

Room Tip: The first and second floor rooms seem to have higher ceilings making them more spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Nate T
North Pole, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2013

The bathtubs are the reason I love this hotel, they are huge. Don't forget to take some bubble bath or bath salts with you when staying here. While in the bathtub you can open some little shutters beside the tub and watch television.
They have a pretty decent free breakfast. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance of the hotel. There is a bus transit station behind the hotel for transportation around Anchorage, if you don't have a car or just don't want to drive.
I have slept in more comfortable beds, the sheets always seem to slip off in the middle of the night, which drives me crazy. I still get a good night's rest, though.
The rooms are clean and comfy, with microwaves, mini refrigerators, coffee pots and nice, large, flat screen televisions, with a very clear picture.
They do have a restaurant on site, which was not there the first time I stayed. I didn't try it though, too many good restaurants nearby I wanted instead.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank TJC5866
Juneau, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

When we checked in we needed directions to a local store, the desk clerk printed off a map without hesitation. The rooms were clean, a Mini refrigerator, a microwave, free wifi and a huge bathtub. I found the staff to be well informed about the area and and services near their hotel. Each employee I had contact was happy and proud to work for this organization and that says a lot to me.
Rooms were quiet and well laid out. Louis, the van driver is the main reason I will return to this hotel, he represents his employer in the absolute best light, they should be proud to have him and other employees like him.

Room Tip: Higher floors may have a little less water pressure in the shower.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ginny60
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

We stayed in this hotel as part of the Pacific District Tier 1 hockey regional’s. There were multiple teams residing in this hotel, and yet the hotel was quiet and clean the entire time we were there. Late checkout requests were easily granted.

The staff was very helpful, which is great when traveling with 30+ age 15-18 hockey players.

The manager even provided a ride in his personal vehicle to a team supervisor, when the hotel van was busy.

The hotel is very close to multiple restaurants, shopping and a movie theater.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank terandboys
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

After renting an RV for a couple of weeks, and having to drop off the RV early in the afternoon, with a midnight flight, this hotel ave us a room for the afternoon, where we could freshen up and rest before heading to the airport. The staff were excellent, as was the food in the bar, and they provided transport to the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family