“Highly recommended”

Dimond Center Hotel
Ranked #19 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 18 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dimond Center Hotel for a week. The room had plenty of space, and the configuration of the bathroom / sink area was convenient for two people to get ready at the same time. The hotel was clean and well-maintained, with computer access and pleasant décor. Shopping, restaurants and public transportation are within short walking distance. The eating area had a limited menu but good quality food for the evening meal. We like having breakfast available in the hotel; I would have appreciated a few more gluten-free breakfast items.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristie L

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed here at the beginning and end of our Alaska vacation in June 2013. Clean, quiet room both times. Airport shuttle and breakfast a plus. No problems with getting an early check-in today. Convenient to many stores and restaurants. Very good value for the price in Anchorage.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah J
Reviewed 1 June 2013

I was amazed by the reviews for this hotel, so we booked 2 nights to visit Anchorage and Seward.

There are clearly some +, some ok and some -

+: room, bathroom, amenities, cleanliness, location
Ok: breakfast is in a very small place and choice is quite limited, however the person in charge was great and very efficient! Bed are too soft
-: we met 5 persons from the reception desk and were shocked that none of them was smiling, we got answers but in a minimalist style, you know: exactly he opposite than the extra mile... Just the basic service, expect no more, the only genuine person was the lady working on the 30th evening.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank earthflyers
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I stayed at DCH for three nights earlier this month. It is probably the 6th or 7th time I have stayed at this hotel, and every time I have been so pleased with everything. The front desk staff is always friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and well-designed. I love the HIGH ceilings and the soaking tub in each room. Furthermore, the layout of the hotel is such that you really can't get a bad view (or at least, I haven't yet).

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Amber A
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Whenever we stay in Anchorage, we always try to book The Dimond first. You can't beat the location, shuttle service, friendly staff and those wonderful soaking tubs! Plus, they offer resident rates in the winter for that perfect weekend getaway to Anchorage. Very clean too.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank omkitty2000
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Stayed the night for our son's birthday weekend. Room was quiet and clean except for finding a partially consumed bottle of soda left in the fridge. Wanted to take a nice long soak in the large tub but that will have to wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 3 May 2013

I just MUST say that I am elated with the service provided..The Housekeepers are very honest and reliable..I had absent-mindedly laid my two wedding rings (approx. $3,000.00) down, to put on hand lotion. And forgot to put them back on, before gathering up our other things to check out. As we drove back down to Homer I realised that I had lost my rings!!! HEART ATTACK!!!! The first thing I did was call the Hotel back...and YES!! They had them and said they would mail them to me..Well I am so poud to say, that they did JUST THAT! I got my two rings today in the mail..I almost cried! TYSM for being such an AWESOME Hotel..Our Home away from Home!! OH YEAH...How could I forget to mention..That Jetted Hot Tub ROCKS!! We probably will not be staying anywhere else, on our trips up to Anchorage. <3 **SUPER HAPPY!!**

Room Tip: Room 106 Was the MOST Awesome!! It has the heavenly, JETTED hot tub!! <3 <3