“Nice place to stay, convenient to shopping and eating”

Dimond Center Hotel
Ranked #17 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel for one night before leaving Anchorage. The hotel is conveniently located near lots of restaurants and a large shopping mall. The lobby is fairly large and has lots of couches, chairs, and a few computers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are also available on the third floor. The room was clean and comfortable and there is a free breakfast buffet; I mostly remember the waffle maker with various fruit toppings.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Dimond Center Hotel

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

What really made this experience was that the staff was really nice... And the bathtubs, of course! I do wish that the website stated a little more clearly that 'access to pool and spa' meant they give you a pass to the one in the mall which closes at 5 or 6 because I thought they had on on site. However the en suite deep soaking tube made up for it. The rest of the room was clean and comfortable and had big curtains that totally blocked the sun as well as a good heating system. The floor boards are a little far apart but Sunce I wasn't pacing my room all night it didn't bother me. Overall great experience. We will be staying again!
Ps I noticed they have a sign by the front door saying the area has video surveillance so I think they are monitoring their property better now than when previous reviewers visited.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lisallison
Reviewed 15 August 2014

At first glance this hotel needed some flowers or something to welcome you in...It is tucked behind the Main Street of town, which is nice, but right next to the Wal Mart and the local bus stop. When I drove up there were several homeless looking people pushing shopping carts with their possessions in trash bags past the entrance of the hotel....I usually travel alone, so this was a concern. Once inside the Hotel, the staff was very polite and helpful as to where to eat and shop. It is located next to a large mall, under construction, which I didn't feel comfortable visiting. The room itself was quite amazing. There is a big oval tub, and separate shower. But the best part was the windows next to the tub open into the bedroom, so I could watch a movie while I soaked !! The Mirror above the dressing table was very intricate cut pieces of mirror, looked very old, just beautiful. Unfortunately I had very rude neighbors, kicking the walls, slamming doors, yelling at each other....I called the front desk, twice, it continued till late in the evening. The staff tried to quite them, and other guests complained as well. This is an expensive Hotel, and I believe 4 children and one adult should NEVER be put on any floor but the first one. And the staff should have removed them with so many noise complaints. Dissapointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 32771Suzy
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The room was clean and spacious with modern colors. The bed was very comfortable with nice linen and a down or hypoallerenic synthetic comforter. I am giving this a four star because i felt like the staff was alittle disorganized but ice and the shuttle bus only did drop offs and pick ups to and from the airport and not the train station. The complentary breakfast was very good with a wide range of choices. The location is far from downtown and the downtown mall but right next to dimind mall and walmart. I wouldnstay here again.nthe price for summer is spendy and higher than what we are use to spending in the lower 48 but then again itnis alaska. Be sure to book early as cruise ships and tour buses book most of the rooms in all the area hotels so accomodations can be limited.

Room Tip: The king beded suite room 300 is a corner room with mountain views
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wallian67
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for one night due to our late arrival into Anchorage. It was in a great location from the airport and to get onto the highway the next morning. It was also was right next to a Wal-Mart which was nice to get anything needed before heading out for vacation on the Kenai Peninsula. The price was in line with other hotels in the area if not a little less and it was clean, rooms large, and the biggest bathtub I've seen in a standard hotel room. The breakfast had something for everyone on it and was kept up thru out the morning. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would recommend it to anyone needing a nice clean convenient hotel that provides a nice commentary breakfast in Anchorage.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ralph s
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel on a recent visit to see family in Anchorage. The location was perfect for us as we did not want to be downtown or near the airport. It was also convenient because there are restaurants, a mall and a Wal-Mart nearby. The highway is not far and it was less than a 10 minute drive to get downtown. The room was very clean and much larger than what we expected. All the staff was very friendly. We will definitely stay here again on our next visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank belola2014
Reviewed 2 August 2014

I stayed for 4 nights. It was imperative I get sleep and was comfortable because I flew in specifically to take the Alaska Bar exam. I have stayed in 4 star hotels, mid range and many european b & b's so hotels unless superior in one way or another do not thrill me. This hotel was the exception because it was the cleanest I have ver stayed in, it was so clean I even soaked in the luxury tub because it was clearly sanitized and spotless as were the sheets and towels and everything else. It was also a lovely little room to study in, the air conditioner was not too loud but worked well and the t.v. had plenty of shows. The staff was friendly, helpful, and polite. The hotel is not fun though, it does not a vibe, it is more for sleeping and then going somewhere else, I think for a traveler that is ideal. It is located beside a mall and wall mart but is centrally located and it is easier to drive to the hiking trails if that is what one wants to do. Overall for the price, it is superior to other hotels in the same price range. I would stay there again if I visit Anchorage because I did not hear any noises, and not one hair or lint was in the room, that was amazing and I thanked the housekeeping staff which really are what makes this hotel shine.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business