US$236
  • Breakfast included
US$372
US$340
CrownePlaza.com
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$178
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$228/night.

US$245
US$376
US$362
US$296
US$256
BestWestern.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Creepy with 1960's mismatched furniture. Bad surrounding area. Springs poked through the bed and futon was worn out. We quickly determined we could not stay in a place like this and immediately left but of course they charged us anyway. There was dirt in the corners of the bathroom. We felt dirty when we left and showered as soon as we found a nicer hotel. It was worth losing money just to get the heck out of Dodge.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Howdypartneq
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed at Anchorage Uptown Suites for two nights at the beginning of out trip and one night at the end of our trip. Of these three nights, two if them were the worst night sleeps we had during our entire two week trip through Alaska.

Our first stay (due to a mix-up in rooms) was in a suite, which appeared to simply be a furnished apartment, which could be rented for short or long stays. We arrived late at night and went straight to bed. There were no black out curtains in the bedroom, and it was nearly daylight-bright all night long. We could hear every single sound that was going on outside. Later, we found that the windows in the kitchen had been left open and only the kitchen blinds had been closed, allowing our room to be inundated by street noise, blaring train whistles and cigarette smoke from neighboring balconies. The second night, desperate for sleep, we actually dragged the mattress from the bedroom into the comparatively dim living room in order to get a decent night's sleep.

Our second stay at Uptown Suites was in a room with a king sized bed and jacuzzi (all reservations were made months in advance and I wish we had canceled the second stay after our first bad experience). The room was a third floor walk-up, which was not a problem for us, but would have been and issue if we had more luggage. The jacuzzi tub had a sign saying that it could only be filled to one inch above the jets (about 6 inches of water). This is enough water to bathe a child, but makes it useless for an adult. The thermostat in the room was difficult to control, and we overheated during the night. Just as in the previous room, a window had been left open by housekeeping. This helped with the heat, but the noise from another room's 2:00 am party kept us awake. There was no one staffed at the hotel to make them be quiet.

The beds in the room were comfortable, and the rooms were clean, but filled with slap-dash repairs (old exposed low voltage wires, water spraying out sideways from the shower, unpainted patches on the wall, etc). The location is walking distance from the main part of town. Unfortunately, the nice bed and location could not make up for all the hotel's faults. We would never recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel is three floors with no elevator, ask on what floor your room will be located. Higher floors are also more stuffy. Check for open windows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Juliet K
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Thought this would be amazing- if housekeepers were on top of it I'd rate it 5! Unfortunately there was a sticky mess leftover in kitchen floor under table that dripped all over the kitchen. I stuck to it each step! There was also leftover ice in freezer. When my son wanted to sleep on futon in living room, there was old smeared jelly on top of futon. I found the two extra pillows in closet had wrinkled pillow cases still on leftover from previous occupants. Gross. Then I examined my sheets and my bed pillow cases which revealed hair a small stain under pillow case and wrinkles in it feeling extremely unwashed/reused! I was appalled and slept between the blanket and the sheet! Plus side, had amazing cross ventilation air breeze flowing through and super clean fluffy towels!!! I'd definitely go back id just bring my own cleaning supplies and linen. P.S.-front desk guy was super nice and explained the housekeepers are short and one is blind in one eye. They need better housekeeping.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Maria S
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My budget is below US$100 in downtown area and this is one of the limited choices (another is Westmark Hotel). It takes 10 mins walk to downtown (say the 5th Avenue Mall). At night, the neighbourhood is quiet and I was a bit afraid when walking alone back at 8pm.

Room is a suite, very spacious. Room is clean with nice decor and bed super comfy. I slept for 14 hours at one of my 2-night stay. It has a kitchen but was empty without any plates, utensils or cutleries for preparing meals. They are pleased to provide if I had asked though. Hair dryer and safe didn't work, seems disconnected to electricity. I believe they are pleased to get them fixed if I had raised it though. I just told upon check-out as that didn't trouble me much.

The staff are friendly nice and helpful, though they lack of flyers or materials on hand for ignorant tourist like me. They called up and helped booking local tours for me.

From airport, I booked the Captain Cook shuttle bus at US$10 at the concierge and took 10 mins to arrive at this hotel. Some may not know the location until I told it's next to Ramada Hotel.

Overall, with the price and space, it's a sound choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank MissHK2009
Reviewed 26 September 2013

Nice new modern apartment style accommodation,all very clean and comfortable with all amenities one could require.Friendly reception.Only negative might be for people with problems with stairs.We were on the 3rd floor and had to lug our suitcases up there.Outside parking for our hire car which did not feel very safe,but we had no problems.I do think one needs a car to stay here.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple