“Best Find in Anchorage”

Ranked #49 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Seattle
“Best Find in Anchorage”
Reviewed 25 June 2007

What a find? I never knew this quaint little boutique hotel even existed. I'm so glad I found it. I'll definitely stay there the next time I'm in Anchorage. The staff was incredibly courteous and professional. The manager went out of her way to get to know my husband and I and what our needs were. When we entered our room I was stunned by the elegant decor. It was newly remodeled with granite and tile. The kitchen had new cabinets and appliances and was stocked with treats and coffee. The bathroom was equally spotless and stylish. The location was great. The next morning my husband and I enjoyed breakfast and coffee provided by the hotel, and then walked to the downtown mall. We had a wonderful stay and I look forward to returning the Uptown Suites. I feel very at home there and I know the manager will remember us, unlike some of the larger hotels we were considering.

• Liked — The room itself and the manager
  • Disliked — The outside of the building is nice but doesn't do the inside justice
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank ashliej

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
California
Reviewed 25 June 2007

I am a Government employee and stayed at the Anchorage Uptown Suites for a couple of month till our House was ready.
If we didn't have kids we would have stayed here to finish our tour in Alaska. Nice clean suites wonderful people pet friendly and close to Elmendorf.
We checked rates before we came up here and found this place to be #1 so why pay Hotel rates when you can get a full suite for even less money.
You guys are great thank you again for making it so wonderful.

• Liked — Location and clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank HondaSBKChick
alaska
Reviewed 25 November 2006

I will just list the thing wrong 1st the smell of pot in the hall way all3 levels. 2nd the jacuzzi was a whorl pool. 3rd the whorl pool part fell off when turned on. 4th the window in bathroom was busted out ply wood on the window only (a bit cool in there) the window that was bust out layed glass everywhere on the balcony. 5th house keeping had to come vaccumm the rm @7pm i stepped on glass. I had to get batterys for remote gci was called to repram t.v srtill did not get many chanels because know one knew the code to take the mature adiance off. 6the I opened the phone book to find drugs on foil yes folded up and in the phone book. All this happened in about 2 hr., we were told the could not refund money ($144.48) till I spoke to management Monday (3day). I was told the rm was a jr honey moon suite. It was NOT!!!!!I wish I had photos to share. My advice don't stay here!!!!!!!

4 Thank kittysnacks1973

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels