“Avoid this dump at all costs!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Chelsea Inn Hotel
Chelsea Inn Hotel
Ranked #65 of 72 Hotels in Anchorage
Spokane, Washington
“Avoid this dump at all costs!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2008

This place is horrible! We've stayed in some dumps over the years, but this one takes the cake. No towels, the room was dirty, a piece of the bathroom sink was laying on the floor. To add insult to injury, they charged both my wife's and my credit cards! I do not recommend this rat trap to anybody!

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank barry1170

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Alberta
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

Do Not Book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not fit for anyone!!!!!!
They say they have non-smoking rooms but are not.
Unsafe!
We had booked but didn't stay it was so bad.
But they still had the nerve to charge for the room.
That is how they make their money from everyone not staying but paying to stay!!!!!
Don't do it I am not a radical and have stayed in some divy hotels but this wasn't worth the risk never mind the smell.

• Liked — That I didn't have to stay there
  • Disliked — The smell, the condition of the property
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank travel200AB

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Anchorage
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2008

I can't way it was the worst experience I have ever had but it sure wasn't the best. it has a nice appearance on the outside, but the rooms are old and the bathrooms are disgusting. I stayed on the bottom floor near the resident Crack head who I guess lives there full time and never sleeps, he is usually taking his buddies into the bathrooms to smoke Meth or Crack, I don't know which, I guess to keep that awful smell out of his room. There is also a resident Hooker who will roam the halls and asks to borrow your phone, why I don't know. the Police have been there on countless occasions and I have seen bums sleeping in the Hallway. there is a laundry room with a dryer that doesn't work and a small kitchen area where you can keep food, but don't bother because it will be stolen. there was only one saving grace in that whole hotel, it was the one night manager Chuck, He was an awesome dude. he did his level best to keep order in the Hotel, and kicked out anyone who didn't follow the rules. it's too bad because it could be a nice hotel with a little work and keeping the riff-raff out.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank hunter40
manawa wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2007

After reading some of the other reviews, I almost cancelled my stay. I am very glad that I didn't. We were picked up at the airport about 1:30 a.m., and treated well. Our room was small, but clean and comfortable. We were in walking distance of Gwnnie's, a great restaurant. The city bus stops right outside the door, so we were able to get around easily. There is a good pizza place across the street, which made delicious pizza. The hotel shuttle took us to our bus for Seward at 6:00 a.m., the next morning. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The rooms were small but we didn't need to unpack as we were only there two nights. I am glad I chose the Chelsea Inn. I can stay at Holiday Inn type hotels anyplace.

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank grannyjo08
milwaukee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2006

Please please please STAY AWAY FROM THIS MISERABLE PLACE! The website looks cute, which lured us in as we needed one night to stay after landing in Anchorage very late at night. We called the shuttle and was met by a surly woman in a tiny van that could only hold two people at most...but not us. She had other passengers 2 of them, and said she would be back in 5 minutes. ONE HOUR and three phone calls later we were finally picked up by the same surly woman who said she also had to CHECK IN five people somewhere else. Uh oh....not a good start. It was now 3 am and everywhere else was closed. We pulled up to a substandard flophouse that certainly did not reek of charm. Everything had a very WORN look to it, especially the carpeting which was way past it's prime. There were evil-looking large WET AREAS all over the downstairs carpeting and no elevators of any kind. The office staff could barely speak any English and just as soon hoped we would die. The room was unbelievably small, STUNK of smoke and looked as though it had been recently occupied by....well....I'd rather not think about that. The trains ran all night, the pillows were much more like bags of concrete and there was not even a closet, bathroom or anything else remotely civilized. Oh, and the lights were filthy and didn't work and neither did half the electrical sockets. UNBELIEVABLE. DO NOT GO THERE!! STAY AWAY!!!!

• Stayed July 2006, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
10 Thank znofyl
San Anselmo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2006

I booked with Chelsea Inn Hotel for June 2006. When I called back a few days later to make a change, they had no record of the reservation. I made a new one, but thinking the lost reservation was a bad sign, I decided to cancel. I cancelled on 2/12. Apparently the cancellation got lost as well, as the charge turned up on my credit card. To be fair, when I called they did say they'd refund the charges. I hope they follow through.

5 Thank 22150
Arvada, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2006

This place will fool you with the cute pictures in the brochure. Don't fall for it! If you are looking for affordable, comfortable, and clean, this is not the place. Plus, they added $10.00 to the price claiming I had only made the reservation for one person. I asked about a Triple A discount. The clerk said they didn't have one, so I made her ask the manager. He said he had already given it to me. When I made the reservation, they said I wouldn't receive the discount until I showed my card.

• Stayed August 2005