“A reasonable costed place in Alaska!”

Lakeshore Inn & Suites
Ranked #31 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Canberra, Australia
“A reasonable costed place in Alaska!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

We chose to stay here on our last night in South Central Alaska - we were flying out the next day and the option of a shuttle to the airport and the use of laundry facilities lured us in. We were not disappointed. Positives included:
1. easy reservation by a pleasant receptionist
2. easy check in
3. good rooms - large, clean, warm & comfortable
4. a clean easy to use laundry
5. a good recommendation for dinner nearby
6. breakfast before an early shuttle
7. reasonable cost
Thanks for making our last night pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank travellover077

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I should start out saying how nice the hotel was in general. I got in from New York at 1am super jetlagged and it was really great to have attentive service as soon as I walked in the door. The room was a lot bigger than I expected. I was a bit disappointed to only be staying one night. Decor was nice and homey, better than you'd expect from the words motor lodge.

And the best part of the service for me was that I accidentally left my wallet in my room. They called me as well as my family to let me know. I couldn't make it back to get it so they mailed it home to me. That's certainly above and beyond what I'd expect from a hotel. And besides that amazing thing, they just made it a point to be helpful and friendly. I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Leahmays
Elsing
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Excellent value for money. Stayed three nights on the start of our three week holiday to Alaska. Room clean and comfortable bed. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Breakfast a bonus as was not expecting one to be provided

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Sel J
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 16 August 2013

A super place to stay in Anchorage. Good rates, convenient to airport (free shuttle), city bus stop, several car rental agencies, Lake Hood, restaurants. The room was quiet, clean, large and equipped with floor fan which came in handy on warm days. We used it as our staging point for the each phase of our 2 weeks in Alaska, staying 3 nights over a span of 2 weeks. We would definitely stay again just based on these factors. However, the best thing about this place is the incredibly helpful and warm staff. We felt each time like we were coming back to family. One even offered her library card for us to use ! Many of the guests we talked to had been coming for years and I can understand why. We are adding ourselves to that list.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank muser2013
Alamogordo, New Mexico
Reviewed 1 August 2013

We stayed here 3 nights during a 2 week tour of Alaska. This is a very affordable, great place to stay in Anchorage. Good location, close to restaurants, a convenience store, the airport and with free shuttle. The rooms are nice, clean and comfortable. The staff are very nice and helpful. Good breakfast with fruit. Plenty of ice available. It was quite warm during our stay, but the rooms have good fans that work well. We rented a car during our trip, and Enterprise will pick you up at the motel, saving about $40/day in airport tax.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ChuckBrooks
Carmel
Reviewed 21 August 2012

I host trips to different fishing lodges in SW Alaska and have stayed at the Lakeshore Motor Inn since 2005. We stay there on our way to and from our primary destinations. I have not encountered one problem except for a noisy water pipe (?) in a first floor room. The staff has always been very welcoming and helpful. Now, it's not the Captain Cook...if you want to be spoiled with fancy fixtures and fancy continental breakfasts, go there...but for my dollars, Lakeshore has earned my business.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Geoff M
Willow, Alaska
Reviewed 28 July 2012

Great place to stay when traveling though Anchorage. Rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable. We use this hotel every time we are in Anchorage. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Plus an added bonus is its close proximity to both the international airport and the seaplane base. They offer free shuttles to both.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business