“The best service ever”
Review of Puffin Inn

Puffin Inn
Ranked #38 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 19 February 2012

When I arrived at the anchorage airport I was picked up and taken directly to my room at the puffin inn.
It was in the middle of the night so I was very tired. The people at the Puffin Inn wasted no time getting me booked in and sent me to my room. When I got to my room my bags were all nice and neatly stacked in the closet and went directly to bed. The next morning I got a wakeup call and the manager "I think his name was Mr.Reginald Wilson" met me in the lobby and called me a cab to get to my destination where I had a very important meeting. I arrived at the meeting in perfect time and my company got the contract. I just like to thank the staff at the Puffin INN because without their help I would never had made it to meeting on time.

Your eternal customer
Ross Johnston

Room Tip: call ahead and talk to the nice people at the Puffin Inn
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 132ross_j
There are newer reviews for Puffin Inn

Reviewed 15 February 2012

I just arrived from a couple of days travelling and hadn't booked in at the Puffin Inn previously, but just walked in and asked if I could stay a couple of nights and it was all arranged in just minutes by the friendliest staff, who made sure I was comfortable and well informed. The rooms are very spacious and warm and the location is convieniently close to the airports. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Me and my daughter and granddaughter stayed here during our yearly school shopping trip to Anchorage. It is nice to be so close to restaurants and away from the traffic of downtown. The room was nice and roomy. We had a small suite so I could rest after a long day of shopping and the younger ones could stay up in the other room. Will go there again!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed at the Puffin Inn back in October--been intending to write a review for a while. Stayed 3 days, girl trip from Fairbanks--4 of us, never saw the maid, had to take supplies from her cart. Never got our room cleaned, AT ALL. The wake up call came every morning at 7am even tho' we repeatedly requested that it be turned off. The front desk staff was great, they did try to be very helpful. When leaving, we let them know how we felt, respectfully. The counter girl said "Well, here comes the owner now, you can tell him"--so I did--he happened to be coming in the building. He apologized appropriately but did not even offer a 10% discount on my next stay... lost me there. There are a lot of good places to stay in Anchorage--look around, saving a few dollars isn't worth the hassle--pass on this one.

Room Tip: keep looking
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank tjinak
Reviewed 24 December 2011

On another site, this hotel had decent reviews, so we booked our stay. Upon arrival, I was pretty apprehensive. The outside looks horrible and I'm not a fan of motels with the entrance to the room right on ground level. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to the room. It was clean, had a nice, big flat panel TV, and tall beds. The beds are great quality, nice and firm, and the sheets had to be a high thread count- a hallmark of a decent hotel in my opinion. It certainly wasn't perfect but reasonably priced for the area and convenient to the airport.
I would definately stay here again- and I'm pretty picky.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Kakoii
Reviewed 18 December 2011

Huge rooms, good value for your money. Remodeling of the entry way made the carpets dirty. Good value, although it was not spotlessly clean. Excellent continental breakfast. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: Three different price ranges. Medium was adequate.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank susan j
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is my second stay at the Puffin Inn, Anchorage this summer. The first stay was in the boutique section and although I found it perfectly acceptable to my expectations I understand that it would not be for others. My recent stay was in the moderate section with outside entrances and I believe it has had a remodel within the past two or three years. The value of this hotel is incredible. The bed had a new foam top mattress. The bedding was new and clean, the carpet was clean. It had a huge flatscreen TV that worked. The bathroom was clean, a tiny spec of mold in the tub but I could care less. The parking was easy and the front desk staff were pleasant. The best part was walking out with a free newspaper the next morning, to take to one of the many restaurants in the area. I will be back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family