“Cheap and good service”

Ranked #36 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Fairbanks, Alaska, United States
“Cheap and good service”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

walked in, very friendly people, free airport shutte, breakfast, bath 2 beds only $60 and many resturants around the area. :)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Gareth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Mn
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed there on the last night of a visit. The rooms are quite large. It's very near the airport. Includes breakfast and free wireless. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank AnnT-MN
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 19 February 2012

When I arrived at the anchorage airport I was picked up and taken directly to my room at the puffin inn.
It was in the middle of the night so I was very tired. The people at the Puffin Inn wasted no time getting me booked in and sent me to my room. When I got to my room my bags were all nice and neatly stacked in the closet and went directly to bed. The next morning I got a wakeup call and the manager "I think his name was Mr.Reginald Wilson" met me in the lobby and called me a cab to get to my destination where I had a very important meeting. I arrived at the meeting in perfect time and my company got the contract. I just like to thank the staff at the Puffin INN because without their help I would never had made it to meeting on time.

Your eternal customer
Ross Johnston

Room Tip: call ahead and talk to the nice people at the Puffin Inn
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank 132ross_j
Anchorage
Reviewed 15 February 2012

I just arrived from a couple of days travelling and hadn't booked in at the Puffin Inn previously, but just walked in and asked if I could stay a couple of nights and it was all arranged in just minutes by the friendliest staff, who made sure I was comfortable and well informed. The rooms are very spacious and warm and the location is convieniently close to the airports. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Jane A
Seward, Alaska
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Me and my daughter and granddaughter stayed here during our yearly school shopping trip to Anchorage. It is nice to be so close to restaurants and away from the traffic of downtown. The room was nice and roomy. We had a small suite so I could rest after a long day of shopping and the younger ones could stay up in the other room. Will go there again!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We stayed at the Puffin Inn back in October--been intending to write a review for a while. Stayed 3 days, girl trip from Fairbanks--4 of us, never saw the maid, had to take supplies from her cart. Never got our room cleaned, AT ALL. The wake up call came every morning at 7am even tho' we repeatedly requested that it be turned off. The front desk staff was great, they did try to be very helpful. When leaving, we let them know how we felt, respectfully. The counter girl said "Well, here comes the owner now, you can tell him"--so I did--he happened to be coming in the building. He apologized appropriately but did not even offer a 10% discount on my next stay... lost me there. There are a lot of good places to stay in Anchorage--look around, saving a few dollars isn't worth the hassle--pass on this one.

Room Tip: keep looking
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tjinak

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 December 2011

On another site, this hotel had decent reviews, so we booked our stay. Upon arrival, I was pretty apprehensive. The outside looks horrible and I'm not a fan of motels with the entrance to the room right on ground level. However, I was pleasantly surprised when we opened the door to the room. It was clean, had a nice, big flat panel TV, and tall beds. The beds are great quality, nice and firm, and the sheets had to be a high thread count- a hallmark of a decent hotel in my opinion. It certainly wasn't perfect but reasonably priced for the area and convenient to the airport.
I would definately stay here again- and I'm pretty picky.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family