“Good value”
Review of Puffin Inn

Puffin Inn
Ranked #37 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We needed a hotel for the night as our flight arrived into Anchorage at 11:00 pm, and road construction had the road closed to Seward for the night. We were traveling with our 9 month old son, and were able to get a crib for him (for $10 additional dollars). This place was clean, the service was really good and the breakfast was pretty decent. Really good value for Anchorage. My biggest issue was the light outside our window was very bright despite the blackout curtains. When my son woke at 4:00 am, he thought it was morning and had a hard time returning to sleep. I haven't stayed at many hotels in Anchorage, but it's really hard to find a decent one under a hundred bucks. This one's a winner, and if we need a cheap place to stay for a night or two, we'll come back.

One more thing, the location is pretty good. It's super close to the airport, and if you drive down Spenard, you're basically in midtown with lots of restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Traci B

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Can hear neighbors and noisy road outside. Breakfast was ok. Nice location close to airport. Staff is friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Siva K
Reviewed 26 March 2012

My Fiance and I stayed in their large luxurious Suite. The room was very clean, everything was in its place, the room smelled good, and it was a very nice place in general. We got brand new beds that were amazingly comfortable, and the room had 2 new flatscreen tv's also. I loved how helpful the front desk staff was, as well as the room attendants. The driver even helped carry our bags up to the room! I don't have one bad thing to say about this hotel! The entire stay was very pleasurable and a great experience. The staff made us feel like family. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a nice play to stay without paying an arm and a leg for it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Eric H
Reviewed 9 March 2012

It may not seem very fancy from the outside but the inside was great. In the lobby was a large fireplace with a nice warm fire. Plenty of seating to just relax and stretch out. The people at the desk were nice and friendly. The room was clean and I just loved having a refrigerator, microwave, and stove all in my room. I was able to save lots of money just cooking in the room. Food around Anchorage costs more than I am used to paying here in Texas. So this was nice for someone on a budget. There is no A/C but you won't ever need it here. The warmest it ever gets in Anchorage is around 65 to 70F. No pool either, but oh well, I would rather save money on a room than pay for a pool I won't use. If you go to Alaska with plans to go swimming you should venture up to the Chena Hot Springs near Fairbanks where a natural spring fed pool produces water over 120F. People swim here when it is -40 below 0F and don't ever get cold. Now that beats any pool! But if you plan on doing that you need to stay near Fairbanks. However for all your Anchorage needs, I recommend Puffin inn of Anchorage. It is a cozy place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Rain982
Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed two weeks! Friendly staff. Daily housekeeping. Excellent breakfast with muffins fresh fruit cereal english muffins danishes coffee tea hot chocolate... Clean rooms. Free use of computer/printer and fax... a great stay!

Room Tip: I stayed in the queen boutique with a jacuzzi tub microwave and mini fridge
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Veronica S
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed in the main part of the hotel pretty nice
I think if you ask for cheep you get a motel style room and there really not to bad
You kinda get what you pay for I think

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Chinmic
Reviewed 21 February 2012

walked in, very friendly people, free airport shutte, breakfast, bath 2 beds only $60 and many resturants around the area. :)

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family