“smokers in the bathroom”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage, Uruguay
“smokers in the bathroom”
Reviewed 31 October 2013

bad smoke smell in bathroom and towels. not acceptable for advertised no smoking room. they did not hesitate taking the full amount for the room. we smelled like smoke all day after using towels in the morning

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

1 Thank Paul K
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear Paul K,

I apologize for your unsatisfactory stay with us here because of the smoke smell in the room. Is there a chance you can remember what room you were in? I'd like to make sure this doesn't occur again and reiterate to our housekeeping staff what to do if there is a smoke smell in the room. We are a non-smoking hotel and have been having some issues with people disregarding this, even though it's posted throughout the hotel. If you could contact me back at 907-729-700 or erik.mendoza@hilton.com with any other questions and that room number, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Erik Mendoza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Valdez, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Home away from home. The hotel lobby is very warm and welcoming. Love the soft glow of the lobby fireplace, comfy couches and available goodies... coffee, tea, cookies and paper. The friendly hotel staff greet you with eye contact and smile! Rooms are clean, smell nice and quiet.

Dear Betty H,

I'd like to thank you for your comments here on TripAdvisor. Being a "Home away from home" is a great compliment to our establishment and we hope to see you back again soon. Please feel free to contact us when you're ready to make a new reservation at 907-729-7000.

Omaha, United States
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I travel for work and frequent many Hilton brand hotels. This hotel is conveniently located to many places of interested in Anchorage. The staff was very friendly. My room was a disappointment in some aspects. The Sleep Number bed is incredible but I didn't want to venture into the bathroom. The bathroom had a constant odor to it that I complained about a number of occassions. I had to buy an air freshener at the local Walmart. The gym is also disappointing. They have good cardio machines but they don't have any free weights. They have a weird weight machine that is very limited in what it offers.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Dear Jara S,

I sincerely apologize for your unsatisfactory stay here at our property. We have checked the room in question multiple times, but have not smelled the odor you've spoken of. Is there a chance you could contact me so I can follow up with a few question to find out who you reported this to and what was said? I'd really like to get this cleared up and hope to have you back again to show that we do listen to our guests and learn from it. My number is 907-729-7000 and my email is erik.mendoza@hilton.com.

Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I am a Hilton Honors member and have stayed in my fair share of HGI's on business. This is by far the BEST hotel experience I have had. The staff was accommodating, the food was delicious, and I will stay again next time I'm in Anchorage. Definitely.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Lizzy Z,

Mentioning that this is the "BEST hotel experience" you've ever had has made me a very happy person! We strive as a team to make every guest's stay excellent and your home away from home. Please don't hesitate to contact us directly for your next reservation as we cannot wait to have you back.

Portland, United States
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This value hotel in Anchorage offers great staff, amenities and a comfortable room for working. I arrived without having 'status' but felt like I was treated like a VIP. Free toothpaste when I arrived with none; bottled water, and overall I felt that the staff were really interested in my needs. I look forward to coming back.

Dear Susan A,

Thank you so much for your response here on TripAdvisor. I have shared your response with the team here which received a big cheer! Please let us know when you'll be back as we'd like to extend our welcome and I hope to meet you in person on your next trip.

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Recently my husband & I stayed at the Anchorage Hilton Gardens in Anchorage. Upon checking in, I was disappointed to find out that the "Romance Package" I had signed up for was overlooked by the staff. I mentioned it, and the fact that things did not go exactly as planned, the staff was absolutely terrific in correcting the small problem. From the front desk, the cook, delivery man, the assistant manager and breakfast waitress, we want to thank you all for making our stay so enjoyable and really far exceeding our expectations in our stay. We will be back. I hope Hilton appreciates the great employees it has working at the Anchorage Hilton Garden Hotel. Thanks again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Dear Suzi522013,

I want to thank you for your comments here on TripAdvisor. Again, I'm sorry for the "Romance Package" issue, but happy that you were satisfied with how we took care of the problem. Working as a team to make sure we resolve all issues and going above and beyond to correct them has made us learn how much customer service is our #1 priority. We definitely value our guests and hope to see you again soon.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We loved our wait staff and chef Jay is amazingly talented!!!!!! Our waitress even comped our breakfast and she was just so sweet. Chef Jay is going places!! Best kept food joint in town! We will stay here from now on when we visit Anchorage. Chip Morris

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family

Dear Mr. Morris,

Thank you for your wonderful compliments on the staff here at Hilton Garden Inn. We have definitely found a diamond in the rough with Chef Jay. He has turned The Great American Grille into a great place to eat with great service for our guests and locals. We hope to see you soon on your next visit to Anchorage from Fairbanks.