“Adjustable bed did not adjust!!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Was put in a room with a king size bed that can be adjusted for firmness. Did not work and I woke up barely able to move because the bed was too soft and my back went out. Hotel in general was nice and staff friendly, but the back was painful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear artdirect_11,

We apologize for your unsatisfactory rest in our adjustable beds. I am having our maintenance attendants check the room you stayed in at the moment to find out what the malfunction was. I hope other than the bed that your stay was otherwise satisfactory. Please let me know when you come back into Anchorage so we can make sure your next stay is a completely satisfactory one and I'd like to speak to you in person during your stay. You can reach me directly at erik.mendoza@hilton.com or at 907-729-7000. Again, we apologize for your restless night's sleep and hope you offer us a chance to make it right.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

Best Place in Town to enjoy a good night's sleep and excellent breakfast to get you going in the morning. The location is ideal and Free Parking is just a great benefit. We have stayed there numerous times and were never disappointed. The Staff is extremely costumer oriented and professional..they do deserve a raise!!!! Thank you for making our stay pleasurable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear nemotama,

I sincerely appreciate your response here on TripAdvisor. We use this site as a gauge into how our guests see us after they leave our hotel. It is great to know that we have made your stay a wonderful one and we hope that you join us again in the near future to enjoy our staff and service.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

we have stayed here 2-3 times before and it would have gotten 4 stars. this time there was a old band aide on the floor, microwave and frige did not work. maintenance was prompt on getting them working. they were not plugged in but had to be removed to get behind them. our clock was still set for the last time change. Also a beef with Hilton and their dealing with their hotels. we received a email from Hilton, as a honors member that if we stayed on a Friday we got a free breakfast. when I asked about it I was told we were not on the bed and bk stay so no. I told them about the email and they just looked at me like I was nuts. also last time as a honors member we got bottle water and chips. this time nothing.
we will not stay here again. we like the location and in the past all was well. not this time.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Steve O,

I sincerely apologize that your stay was not up to expectations. Is there a chance you could contact me by email (erik.mendoza@hilton.com) or phone (907-729-7000) to discuss your reservation. If I could get some more information from you about your stay, I'd like to clear up the issues you encountered and offer to make it right. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

great service from staff, clean rooms, good breakfast, just get the ventilation fan on the second floor quieted down. Billing for night stay was somehow doubled charged, but staff addressed it prior to checking out and corrected my bill as I was checking out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Ken K,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay here at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage. I have addressed your concern with our chief engineer about the noise you were hearing on the 2nd floor. We hope to have this resolved as soon as possible. I am pleased that you were satisfied with the staff, the cleanliness of the room and the breakfast. We hope you join us again on your next trip to Anchorage to show that we do listen to our guests.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

The best place I have stayed in ANC. I take numerous trips here a year, and this was my first time staying at the Garden Inn. I'm a Hilton Gold, but never really thought of staying at this particular hotel. From here on out, I will be staying at the Garden Inn. The rooms are nice, staff friendly, clean hotel, and great breakfast. The perfect place for a business traveller. Thank you for a great stay!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Dear Erik M,

We are glad you decided to allow us to show you that Hilton Garden Inn is a perfect hotel for the business traveler, such as yourself. If there was anyone in particular you'd like to point out that helped make up your mind on our property, please don't hesitate to let me know as I'd like to recognize this staff member(s) during our morning meetings. We would be very happy to make another reservation for you for your next trip to Anchorage and you can either email me at erik.mendoza@hilton.com or you can call 907-729-7000. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

We love staying at the Garden Inn - everyone is so hospitable! Accomdations are always clean, the food is good and reasonably priced, and the beds are very comfortable. We will definately stay here again, and recommend it without reservation! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Noelle K,

Thank you so much for allowing our hotel staff to show you that customer service is a top priority of ours. I am pleased that you were satisfied and will join us again on your visits to Anchorage from Juneau. Please let us know when we can make another reservation for you by calling 907-729-7000.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

Spent 21 days at this hotel, front desk staff were friendly, professional, responsible and helpful. Shuttle service was always on time and a blessing during this winter stay. Restaurant staff day and night were focused on great customer service. Recommended hotel for value, shuttle and customer service.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Cal MR P
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Dear Cal MR P,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments here on TripAdvisor. It was a pleasure having you here and we hope upon your next visit to Anchorage that you consider our Hilton Garden Inn as your destination hotel.