“The only place I stay in Anchorage”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Huntsville, United States
“The only place I stay in Anchorage”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Anchorage Hilton Garden Inn never fails in their hospitality and comfort. I always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when I am in Anchorage and I have never been disappointed with the service I receive or with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. The Anchorage Hilton Garden Inn is always my first choice while in Anchorage. The Hilton Garden Inn also offer reliable internet connectivity which is very important to me as I am usually working from my hotel room for part of my trip. I also like the location. It is very easy to navigate to/from the hotel and there are restaurants withing walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Elizabeth K,

I was very pleased to have read your wonderful response here on TripAdvisor. To be named the "only" place that you stay in Anchorage makes us very happy to have accomodated you. Not only do we have restaurants in close proximity, but we have a great restaurant in the building that I hope you will take advantage of on your next trip. We also off complimentary shuttle service to specific locations around Anchorage which are posted at our front desk. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you'd like us to make another reservation for you.

Erik Mendoza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Fairbanks, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I were in town for the weekend, and picked this hotel for the low price and location. Honestly wasn't expecting anything to special. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, and the service was very good. The room doors do not really do anything to buffer the noises in the hall though so housekeeping in the morning will probably wake you.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joshua W,

Thanks for taking the time to let people know of the service you received and the comfort you felt in our rooms. We strive to make sure all of our guests have an excellent stay and hope that you choose our hotel again when you are back in Anchorage. Please let us know if we can make that reservation for you by calling 907-729-7000.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

excellent, very ggod place to stay just like home away from home ... room was so cozy and canr believe that i slept like a log... most of the time, when i checked in to a hotel, i have a hard time sleeping, but this room makde me feel like home ...!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Dear Ruby M,

We greatly appreciate your comments here on TripAdvisor. I think the biggest compliment anyone could give us is that we are their "home away from home." We are extremely happy that you chose our hotel to lay your head and hope that when you are in need of a room here in Anchorage again, that you choose our Hilton Garden Inn. Please let me know if you have any further comments, or if you'd like to make another reservation. 907-729-7000

Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is a great place to haang your hat when traveling around and playing with your wife it has all u need and all you will need for a fine stress free vacation.and I will promise you will have a time that will last u always....So make sure you plan to stay there when you are in the area........

Room Tip: A great addition is you can park your car and let the Shuttle show you the Town.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lorren340
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear lorren340,

Thank you for the glowing response here on TripAdvisor. We are very happy that you chose Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage as the place to relax while visiting Anchorage from the lower 48. We hope it became your home away from home. I'm glad you mentioned the fact that we have a complimentary shuttle just in case one would rather not have to deal with the parking situation in downtown Anchorage. Please let us know when you'll be back in Anchorage so we can make your reservations for you. 907-729-7000

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stay at different hotel properties almost every week in different parts of the country. This place redefines the concept of friendly and considerate service. It is quiet. Breakfast is very good. Only complaint is the spotlight on west side of building makes the east side more desirable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Mark Z,

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments here on TripAdvisor. We value our guests and try very hard to make sure EVERY guest's stay is an excellent one. I will look in to possibly repositioning the spotlight you mentioned. Please let us know when you'll be back in town as we'd like to make your reservations for you. 907-729-7000 Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Comfortable clean rooms, great friendly staff, nice dining experience, good hot food. great location close to shopping and resturants. had a wonderful relaxing stay, I recommend this hotel :-) you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Erin L,

Thank you so very much for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage hotel! We are so glad you were able to relax, enjoy the food, staff and location. Please feel free to contact us again when you decide to stay in the area. We'd be happy to make your reservation for you. 907-729-7000

columbia
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The waitstaff in the morning for breakfast is a riot, super friendly and are very quick to make you feel at ease and welcome. The front desk also awesome whether its a question about a restaurant or where to go there on it. The hotel is conveniently centrally located to everything in anchorage with a shuttle service for trips downtown that really put this spot above the rest, when you don't have to drive its a good thing. I had a minor problem and management was on it so i can say its a place that does care and thats important.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Superflytnt1,

I'd like to thank you for your wonderful comments here on TripAdvisor. One of the most important things to us here at HGI Anchorage is the customer service we offer to our guests. If we can take care of any issues that may arise, all of our team is empowered to do so. I will make sure to share your comments with the breakfast staff and the front desk staff. I'm sure it will bring a smile to their faces. We hope that the next time you are in Anchorage you make it a point to make reservations here and you can call 907-729-7000 any time to make those reservations.