“Excellent for Business”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #8 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I loved this hotel. Central to where I need to be for business, quick access to food, and Starbucks right next door. Staff is friendly, and very interested in making your problems go away. I liked it so well I am already reserved for my next business trip there. Business center is very helpful if you need to print or send some materials prior to your stay as well.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear stevet688,

I agree our hotel can be very convenient for the business traveler. In terms of our location, as you mentioned, there are many destinations in walking distance and we also offer a complimentary shuttle in case our guests need to venture a little further. I'm glad you found our business center to be helpful. The option to print, copy, and scan can definitely come in handy when here on business or for leisure.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, we're happy to hear it was a good one, and we'll see you on your next trip! We'll have some welcome bars waiting for you.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Excellent customer service. Very clean; nice pool. I am an Alaska resident so I've stayed in several hotels; this one is by far the best for the price. Hotel staff always quick to serve. This would be my first pick from now on.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Tammie C.,

Thank you for your very kind words about our property. I'm so glad to hear you were happy with your stay. Traveling with the family, that indoor pool is a nice feature for everyone to enjoy. Next time you're heading north to Anchorage, give us a call at 729-7000 and our front desk staff would be happy to help you set up a reservation.
Until then, thank you for your review and we'll see you next time!

Generel Manager

Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

I only stayed here once, but it was a good one. The room was spotless and the bed cozy for sure.Awesome service too.I would stay here again and would recommend to anyone needing a place to stay in Anchorage.....

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank NateB4
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Nate B4,

It sounds like you experienced one of our “choose your snooze” beds. I’m glad you found it to be comfortable. It’s a great amenity we are happy to provide for our guests. Thank you for the great review and the recommendation. We hope to see you again next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

We enjoy staying at Anchorage Hilton Gardens Hotel and feel that it is the best hotel in Anchorage because of its courteous/friendly staff, service and quality of the rooms/beds, etc. We have stayed at much more expensive hotels in this city and would select the Hilton Gardens over any hotel in Anchorage for future accommodations

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear C2909NJdavidp,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We at Hilton Garden Inn strive to give our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay and it’s always great to hear about it when our guests experience just that. I agree we have a fantastic staff here; they're always willing to go that extra mile. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you again!

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

To be fair, this is the only hotel I have stayed in in Alaska so I have nothing local to compare it to. It's definitely not the caliber of the W or Westins that I prefer, but I was simply here for work and the hotel surpassed my expectations. The front desk staff, waiters, and bar staff are all extremely friendly and helpful. My room was decent and I was very pleased it had a Keurig in it with daily K cups. The bed was phenomenal - super comfortable and I slept amazing with the black out curtains. The location has a few restaurant chains right next to it and it a short 10 - 15 min drive to downtown. Oh, and there is a Starbucks right next to the parking lot! Unfortunately the dinner menu in the hotel is way overpriced - $15 for the breakfast buffet and $10 - $23 for dinner. Good thing we didn't waste our money eating there but once or twice. They have an indoor pool, hot tub and gym though they always seemed to have lots of people in them when we went by. It's pretty industrial around the hotel and not very pretty to look at. If you are here for business or budget I would recommend this place - if your on a vacation or want to relax then you may want to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2014
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Amy A,

Thank you so much for your review here on TripAdvisor. We hope to make every guest's stay outstanding and I see even though we are not the typical hotel that you would stay at, we are glad you were able to take part in our great customer service, clean hotel and some of the amenities, such as the Keurig and very comfortable beds. The meal prices, however, are comparable to other hotels in our area. We understand that Alaska prices are fairly higher than in the lower 48 states, but hope that does not deter guests from visiting our hotel. If you are a Gold or Diamond HHonors Member, you do have the option of choosing a free breakfast each morning you are here or 750 bonus points towards your HHonors account. We do have quite a few people stay here on vacation since we offer so many amenities that other hotels would charge for, such as complimentary wi-fi, complimentary shuttle service, the choice of breakfast for Gold & Diamond members, the Choose Your Snooze beds and who could forget our great customer service. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other questions or comments and I hope we can welcome you back to our property when you are in Anchorage again. You can email me directly at erik.mendoza@hilton.com or by calling 907-729-7000.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Anchorage Hilton Garden Inn never fails in their hospitality and comfort. I always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn when I am in Anchorage and I have never been disappointed with the service I receive or with the cleanliness and comfort of the rooms. The Anchorage Hilton Garden Inn is always my first choice while in Anchorage. The Hilton Garden Inn also offer reliable internet connectivity which is very important to me as I am usually working from my hotel room for part of my trip. I also like the location. It is very easy to navigate to/from the hotel and there are restaurants withing walking distance to the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Elizabeth K,

I was very pleased to have read your wonderful response here on TripAdvisor. To be named the "only" place that you stay in Anchorage makes us very happy to have accomodated you. Not only do we have restaurants in close proximity, but we have a great restaurant in the building that I hope you will take advantage of on your next trip. We also off complimentary shuttle service to specific locations around Anchorage which are posted at our front desk. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or if you'd like us to make another reservation for you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I were in town for the weekend, and picked this hotel for the low price and location. Honestly wasn't expecting anything to special. We were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were very clean, and the service was very good. The room doors do not really do anything to buffer the noises in the hall though so housekeeping in the morning will probably wake you.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Joshua W,

Thanks for taking the time to let people know of the service you received and the comfort you felt in our rooms. We strive to make sure all of our guests have an excellent stay and hope that you choose our hotel again when you are back in Anchorage. Please let us know if we can make that reservation for you by calling 907-729-7000.