“great customer service but otherwise lacking in a few areas.”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Lebanon, Connecticut
“great customer service but otherwise lacking in a few areas.”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

We were on our honeymoon so we chose this hotel so we can have a nice room with a hot tub on our last night in Alaska.our complaints were that the heating unit in our room made a lot of noise also the Sleep Number beds don't seem to work we couldn't tell any difference one way or the other. in the morning there was no hot water for the hot tub apparently a water heater
went down.improvement customer wise they are doing excellent at a local level but the corporation could really stand to invest the money in updated heating unit and hot water heaters.they did wind up comping us half price for the room for the inconvenience. the breakfast was excellent and the
waitress fabulous.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank sjkrkk
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear sjkrkk,

First, I'd like to congratulate you on your marriage! May it be filled with a lifetime of happiness.
In regards to the room, I'm so sorry about the kinks in your stay. That shouldn't have been the case, especially during your honeymoon of all things. I would like to assure you that we are working to remedy the situation with renovation plans in the works.
I'm glad that you had a good experience with our staff- they truly are the backbone of this establishment. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to the breakfast staff.
Thank you for your review and thank you for sharing your celebration with us! Cheers!

Erik Mendoza

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The lobby is nice, well-decorated. The room is clean and the beds are especially comfy due to the high-quality linen used. Staff has been friendly and accessible. The restaurant on site actually makes some very good dishes, which is a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Whi G
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Whi G.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I'm glad you found the beds to be comfortable; after all, they are a part of our main purpose of providing a place to sleep when away from home. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn we like to do more than just that though and so I am also happy to hear you were pleased with our restaurant on site, The Great American Grill, and our great staff! If business or travel brings you back to Anchorage, we'd be appy to see you again!

Redington Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

We have been to many Hotels and this one is one if the best.
They have fantastic shuttles that will take you anywhere you want, not one shuttle but at least 4 that i counted.
It may be a business hotel but it also really caters well for tourists.
Great free WiFi. Breakfast's, pool, business center, everything you want.
The staff are extremely friendly and it was truly a pleasure to stay here at the end of our 3 week visit to Alaska.
Thankyou

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Lou L.,

Thank you for recommending us as the place to stay while visiting Anchorage! I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay here. While our shuttle schedule does accommodate many drop off/pick up points throughout Anchorage, it doesn't necessarily run anywhere the heart desires. I'm glad that it covered all your necessary stops though! It's also great to hear that you found our amenities to be helpful. We are so happy to offer them to ensure our guests a comfortable and convenient stay in Anchorage.
Again, I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in Alaska! With a three week trip, it sounds like you know how to vacation properly! Let us know if you're visiting the area again and we'd be happy to set up your reservation.
Thank you for the review!

Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Arrived late evening after a 12-hour flight; second question after our name was "you may be hungry....can we get you something?" Front desk people were genuinely friendly (same with entire staff). As we were unpacking later, we discovered that Delta apparently dropped a heavy item on one corner of our largest bag; if not patched it would have come apart. The server at the breakfast bar overheard us discussing the problem and they sent the shuttle driver to retrieve Gorilla (Duct) Tape, helped us to effect repairs. Would not accept payment or gratuity for going above and beyond.Breakfast bar was exceptional, food was all fresh and cold/hot as appropriate, and variety approached that at a flagship hotel (Hilton, Marriott, et al). Virtually flawless in every respect.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Seab67
Dear Seab67,

Thank you so much for your very kind words! Here at the Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage we strive to ensure all of our guests have a great stay and I'm so happy to hear you experienced that. We truly have a fantastic staff that does genuinely care and I will be sure to let them know of your expressed appreciation. Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we all hope to see you again! Have a great day.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Room and lobby is very nice but sleeping was not so good. Walls are thin, heating system is loud, and room amenities were not in great condition. However, internet was very fast and breakfast was superb. Also very curteous staff

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Dear 84matthewg,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage. I'm so sorry to hear you had a poor experience with our property. I'd like to hear more about your thoughts on the state of our rooms and their amenities so we can make the necessary changes to better our hotel. Please contact me at 907-729-4404 at your earliest convenience. Again, I apologize your stay wasn't a comfortable one- that should never be the case. That aside, I'm glad to hear you had a pleasant experience with our breakfast buffet, internet, and our great staff.

Washington State, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Seems overprices for what you get, If I spend that kind of money on a room I would at least like to get a breakfast for it. Hampton Inn is across the street and they have a breakfast and the beds are better.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Doug K.,

I'm very sorry to hear you were unsatisfied with your stay. It's true that the Hampton Inn, our sister property, can be a very cost-effective option while visiting Anchorage. There are a few differences that separate our brands. For instance, while our breakfast buffet is not complimentary, it is extensive in its offerings. Along with the cold items is a menu of hot items which are cooked to order for our guests. For our Hilton Honors members, which I see you are a part of, gold and diamond members are given the option of selecting a MyWay preference. Among these preferences is the option of complimentary breakfast when staying at Hilton Garden Inn properties.
I am glad you find the beds of Hampton Inn to be comfortable, we all hope to achieve this with all of our guests. Perhaps we failed to mention upon check-in that our beds are adjustable. If this is the case, then I apologize about that. We do offer the Garden Sleep System bed which allows our guests to adjust the firmness of the bed to their preferred level of comfort.
While we are happy to hear you have found your preferred property in the Hampton Inn, we do hope you would consider us for future stays in Anchorage.
Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Warminster, United States
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The HGI is simply the best hotel in Anchorage for the money. The room was clean, quiet, and comfortable. The shuttle to the airport and downtown was fast and efficient. All of the drivers were pleasant and informative. Though the staff were all fantastic, I especially want to give kudos to Tina at the front desk. From helping me with check-in after a long flight, to recommending a good seafood restaurant close by, to suggesting I go to the Sunday farmer's market, to helping me get where I needed to go when I needed to be there, Tina is the type of person who makes the traveler feel they have a friend in Anchorage. Few people exemplify good customer service like Tina. The hotel is lucky to have her on staff. For the traveler visiting Anchorage, there is simply no better choice than the Hilton Garden Inn.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Dear Thomas L.,

Thank you so much for your glowing review of our property! It's great to hear that you had a great experience with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Tina. I agree, we are very lucky to have her.
Thank you, again, for taking the time to review the Hilton Garden Inn and we hope to see you again!