“Very friendly, free transportation a great plus”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #9 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were surprised upon arriving at Anchorage airport that the hotel came out to get us, only waited less than 10 minutes. That was a great start for our first evening in Alaska. Dinner on site was very pleasant, extremely pleasant waiter. The room was decent, standard HGI issue. I have forgotten the breakfast is not free, as I've been gold and diamond for so many years, I've become used to getting breakfast for free. (I'm a nobody now) The next couple of days we used their free "taxi" service to go into town and then to the railway station the last morning. The drivers were all very friendly and helpful too. Overall, a very friendly, pleasant hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DeltaFlyer-321
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear DeltaFlyer-321,

Thank you for your kind words here on TripAdvisor. We are glad you were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle and that you were able to have dinner here at the American Grill on the property. We have daily specials from our new Chef Robin who is bringing a very tasty and fairly priced meal to our guests. We thank you for being a loyal Hilton Honors member and hope you can easliy get back to the Gold or Diamond status to receive your complimentary breakfast again. But, I hope that you were able to take advantage of our breakfast while you were here as the Reindeer suasage is a big hit here at our property. You mentioned that our rooms are HGI standard rooms, but I hope you can join us after our renovation this fall to see the great upgrades that will be happeing. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Room rates are on the high end of the mainstream hotel market, but that is Anchorage. When booked, I thought the room came with complimentary breakfast, only to find out later this location does not. Staff was not rude, but not overly concerned either, even for a Hilton Hhonors member.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bryan W

Dear Bryan W,

I'm sorry that you feel that our hotel's rates were a little on the high end. As you mentioned, we are in our summer season and are in line with the hotels like ours in the area when it comes to price. The amenities that we offer, such as complimentary wi-fi, complimentary shuttle to/from the airport and downtown, Keurig coffee makers in our rooms and of course the pool, hot tub and fitness center are a great amount of amenities to enjoy while you are here. For our guest who are Gold & Diamond member, guests have a choice of either getting 750 bonus points or a complimentary breakfast. If a guest is not a Gold or Diamond member we have an option of the buffet for $14.95 or anything a la carte off of the breakfast menu for the posted price. We hope that if you are back in Anchorage, that you would join us again and take advantage of all of the amenities.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The room was great, staff very friendly and helpful. The only downside was the air conditioning in the room kept going off all day and night, every 10-15 minutes. To the hotel's defense, I did not report it to maintenance or the front office, but it was a little annoying. Everything else was perfect. The room was very comfortable and spacious. Centrally located with several restaurants and shopping in the area. All staff I encountered were very friendly and willing to help at all times. I also used the in-house laundry facilities as I was there for a week, and it was nice to be able to pack clean clothes to go home with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sally K
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Sally K.,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel! I'm glad you had a pleasant stay, a good experience with our staff, and found the on-site amenities to be helpful. I'm sorry the air conditioner in your room interfered with the comfort of your stay. Please don't hesitate to let us know about it next time so we can help to remedy the issue and get you a good night’s rest! Thank you for bringing it to our attention now though. I'll be sure to inform maintenance and see if there's something we can do about that. I'm sure future guests would like to thank you too!
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn! Please let us know if your travels bring you this way again; we'd be happy to have you!

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Exceptionally clean room. Wired and wireless Internet. Great Reindeer sausage for breakfast. Exceptionally clean room. Wired an wireless Internet.Great Reindeer sausage for breakfast. Exceptionally clean room. Wired and wireless Internet. Great Reindeer sausage for breakfast.Exceptionally clean room. Wired and wireless Internet. Great Reindeer sausage for breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gary U
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Gary U.,

It sounds as if you had an exceptionally clean room, wired and wireless internet, and great reindeer sausage for breakfast! I'm so glad you had a good experience with our hotel and I truly appreciate your exhuberance.
Thank you for your review and thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your stay in Anchorage! Have a great day!

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean and very nice on the inside. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable and we love the air conditioned room. The beds, great. The only thing we would prefer is a continental breakfast vs paying for it and having more choices. The breakfast was good though and the staff at breakfast were very cheerful and delightful even early :) the pool area was good however highly chlorinated and burned our eyes, hot too. It's an Indoor pool so I don't imagine anything could remedy that but we didn't swim long because of it. Either way, it was great here and we highly reccommend it!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mommy423

Dear Mommy423,

Thank you for the review and the recommendation! I'm glad you had a pleasant stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. In regards to the chlorination of the pool, I'll be sure to speak with maintenance about that- see if there's anything we can do to make the swimming experience more enjoyable for our guests. Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I'm sorry you had to cut your trip to the pool short because of it. Despite this inconvenience, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay!
Thank you, again, for taking the time to review. Let us know if you're ever in the area. We'd love to see you again!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was our first stop on our Alaska vacation and we were warmly welcomed by the airport shuttle driver and the front desk staff for great first impressions! Clean, comfortable room with a view of the mountains. You can walk to TGIFridays or Starbucks, but why would you when you can have great food at reasonable prices prepared in the Great American Grill? Breakfast buffet & menu items were delicious, and we had dinner there too -- and enjoyed Chef Connie's special caribou meatballs -- her own recipe! Coffee (regular & decaf) and tea available 24 hrs as and they offer those yummy HGI oatmeal bars in the afternoon! On a rainy day, we took the complimentary shuttle downtown and Ron, the driver, planned a nice itinerary for us. Rust's Flying Service picked me up for my Denali flightseeing tour, so we didn't need to drive until we departed for Seward. Prices are high everywhere in Anchorage in July but we felt we got a good value due to the great service at the HGI.

Room Tip: Mountain view is over rooftops so not really sure I'd pay more than the $5 a night upgrade. We w...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank secondrider

Dear secondrider,

I'm glad you had a welcoming experience with us! Our menus did recently get a bit of a makeover by Chef Bobby (It's okay, I know you were probably meeting so many new people, hard to keep all the names straight!). Those caribou meatballs are truly delicious- glad you enjoyed your meals at the Great American Grill. Sometimes it's nice to just stay in and still get the dining experience one would hope for while visiting Alaska.
And it sounds like you had quite the eventful visit! Hope everything went well! Let us know if you're ever planning another trip this way and we'd happily help you set up another reservation. Have a great day!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The hotel is nice and clean. Lobby area is comfortable to sit and relax. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We had a good breakfast at their breakfast buffet. Overall it's a very nice place to stay and centrally located. Only about 20 minutes to the airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob4558
Erik M, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear Bob4558,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and found the accommodations to be comfortable. We truly have a great staff here and I'm glad you experienced that during your stay.
Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn for your trip to Anchorage and we look forward to seeing you again! Have a great day!