“Great personal service from check in to check out!!”

Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Forest, Va
“Great personal service from check in to check out!!”
Reviewed 20 June 2010

Was there for a week. Staff was very accomodating. Best overall service I've received in a long time...anywhere.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
HGIANC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Thank you for the great feed back and hope that you stay with us again when your in Anchorage.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Humble, Texas
Reviewed 30 May 2010

I stayed at this propery in April 2010 for business. After a long flight from Houston, I was exhausted and was looking forward to a good night's rest. After checking in, I went to my room and as soon as I opened the door, I was overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. My Honors portfolio clearly states non-smoking and my reservation clearly stated non-smoking. I called the front desk and the attendant told me I was wrong and that it was a non-smoking room and there was nothing he would do about moving me until the next day.

I only got about an hour of sleep due to the migraine headache I developed and needless to say, my meetings the following day did not go as smooth as I had hoped.

I spoke with the General Manager the following day and he agreed to move me to another room and to credit my Honors account with 15,000 points for my inconvienence. It has been over a month and I still don't have the points. I have spoke with him a few times and he blames Hilton Corporate. Bottom line - I got a lof of lip service but no resolution.

Definitely will look at a different property on my next stay in Anchorage.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
3 Thank safmath
HGIANC, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 24 June 2010
Thank you for your feed back and we apologize that your received a room that smelled of smoke. I hope that everything has since been resolved and as always you have my contact information if you need anything else. The hotel does the best it can to meet all hotel guest request and will continue to do so.
Seattle
Reviewed 15 May 2010

The HGI Anchorage delivers. General Manager Gee Rios runs a tight ship. The hotel is new, the rooms clean and fresh, and the upkeep is top-notch. Not an easy trick in Alaska. The location is great (a 10 minute ride from the airport or to downtown on the free shuttle). That said it's the people that make the difference. Enuh at the front desk, Marissa in the restaurant, and the rest of the staff are warm, outgoing, and always welcoming. They seem genuinely happy to be doing what they do and glad to see you when you arrive.

I know HGI has a formula and it is a good one. A formula is only as good as its execution and the people that execute it. HGI Anchorage gets it warm and right.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write the review and for the great comments.
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 7 May 2010

Overall, the staff is very friendly and helpful. In particular, Abbey, at the front desk, went well above her duties and provided my wife and I with excellent assistance in restaurant and church locations. She researched a particular restaurant my wife and I went to three years ago, and we couldn't locate it. Abbey continued to check and look into this restaurant, even on her own time, and called us one evening while she was home to give us the name and location of the restaurant. To me, that's excellent personal service. Our housekeeper, Rosa, kept our room clean and orderly and took great strides in making us comfortable and feel at home. She was a very pleasant lady and did an excellent job in maintaining our room. Vivien, the server in the restaurant, was extremely friendly and personable. She would always ask my wife and I how we were doing and what have we done in the Anchorage area during our visit. I have to commend the manager of this fine hotel for his insight and knowledge of recognizing and hiring friendly, outgoing, and cheerful people, which makes a great impression on business travelers.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kohanyi
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2010

The rooms a clean, comfortable and modern but there are many other quality hotels out there. However, what makes this place outstanding is the attentiveness of the staff. They'll alway willing to go that extra mile to ensure your stay is pleasant.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
HGIANC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 6 May 2010
Thank you very much for staying with us and writting a review. We love to receive great feed back and look forward to your next visit.

Wasilla, Alaska
Reviewed 21 April 2010

We live about 40 miles away from Anchorage and wanted to stay there because of my husband's work schedule. I researched all the hotels and this one seemed to have everything we were looking for: free internet, hot tub, restaurant, good price, and decent location. The only unpleasant experience we had was when we walked up to the counter to check in. There were 3 ladies there, but only one apparently could help us.... She asked for my ID and credit card and then a restaurant worker sidled up and started talking to her at the same time and then she picked up the phone and was helping someone there, too. The other 2 ladies were just standing there, so I don't know if they were in training or what. We booked the romance package for the first 2 nights, which said it came with champagne or sparkling cider. We were pleasantly surprised to find out it came with 2 desserts as well! It also came with full breakfast the next morning. Definitely worth it. Very clean facility and great amenities, loved the giant hot tub! I had one misunderstanding: They say "Continental Breakfast", but then they say it comes with eggs and all the usual breakfast item choices. When we switched to a basic room rate for the last 2 nights, I asked if we still got the "Continental Breakfast", meaning all the food laid out, like muffins, toast, fruit, etc. The front desk lady said yes, but then said something about the full breakfast for $9.95. I thought I clarified that I was asking if we got the "set out food" "complimentary", but we both misunderstood, apparently. I went down the next morning and ate a couple of things and then was asked how I was paying for it...... The server was very understanding and agreed that "Continental" usually is free. She comped my breakfast, so that eased my embarrassment and was very nice..... I have never heard "Continental" with cooked to order food before..... It sounds like they are going to work on the wording for that. Over all, very good hotel, very clean, courteous staff, great food, and about the quietest place I've ever stayed.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for posting your review. We are really doing our best to look after the needs of our guest. We love to get good feedback.

Alaska
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Hilton accomodations were okay; didn't care for the restaurant and lounge immediately as you walk in. My gripe is I was charged more than my statement read; the only way I found out was when I was balancing my accounts online. I called the Hilton and was informed that it is customary to charge extra just in case we used other services and that any difference will be reimbursed in about 3 days. What irks me is that when you ask for a final bill and your given the statement; it should be just that. And if I am charged extra for "just in case" services I may have used; I want to be told so.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
HGIANC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Anchorage, responded to this review, 6 April 2010
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. I apologize that you were not informed of the extra authorization that is taken as a form of a deposit to allow singing privileges during your stay. We hope that the authorization has since been released and has not caused you any other inconveniences. We are committed to improving our service and hope to see you again.