“Great Hill Close to Town”
Review of Hilltop Ski Area

Hilltop Ski Area
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This ski area is located on the immediate outskirts of Anchorage. It is an easy to moderately easy ski hill. They have one chairlift with services three or four runs on the hill. It’s a great place to learn to ski or ski with someone who is learning to ski. The staff in the lodge and the lift ops were friendly and helpful. While we were there the crowds were low but I think it can get busy in the evenings as many of the school kids go to the hill after school to ski. It is well lit for night skiing. Anchorage is lucky to have such a nice place to ski right in town.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

Hilltops biggest strength is its location right in Anchorage, its facilites are pretty good too. But it is to damn flat, and short especially for snow boarding. Here in Alaska we have the best mountains in the world, so this place does not dazzle.

Reviewed 8 March 2013

It is great fun for all ages. And it is right there so the travel time in minor. If you are a great skier it is not for you but if you want to get outside for a while it is perfect.

Reviewed 15 November 2012

A must for any visitor! Sled down a mountain at least one time in your life! It's wonderful, exhillerating and scary too! My brother and I went down and I was in front, we veered away from the cliff to end up in trees. The smacking of the trees on my head knocked me out cold, so my brother had to sled down, tell Dad to get a rescue sled for me, up the mountain again and found me mumbling about loosing a glove with drool on my lips. Pretty. At least we made it, I don't think there is perminant head trauma ;-)