“The Best Hotel...Ever!”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Listen folks, I live out of my suitcase. I am in hotels at least half the month in many differnt states--but a lot in Anchorage. I have stayed several times at other Hilton's and non-hilton's here. Not only do they hands down mow over the others here in Anchorage, this hotel and their management has quickly become one of my favorite ever! Whether you are a family, or a total suitcase head like myself--this hotel wins. Absolutely.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank mich1974_11
Barbara K, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review us for Trip Advisor! We appreciate your comments and look forward to hosting you the next time you visit Anchorage!

Tami Long

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here on the first and last nights of a long tour of AK. We had a very late flight into Anchorage and we checked in with no problems at all - our flight out was very early and the shuttle to the airport worked very well at 4am. We did not use the meal service but did eat breakfast one day and it was fine. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance and it was easy to get in and out of downtown Anchorage from the hotel.

Our room at the beginning of the trip was very nice - clean, comfortable and with a nice view out the back of the hotel. The room we had on our last night in AK was comfortable, but smelled of the last meal cooked (or rather burned) in the microwave.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sc457mike
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I'm a very frequent traveller. As such, I stay in many hotels and many hotel brands. I can say without question, the staff at this hotel can't be beat!! The moment you walk in the door, Jaeline, Diedre, Jane or Jessica- the best desk clerks ever, makes you feel at home. Each morning the hotel provides a tasty breakfast to start the day and, most days, an evening reception to help wind it down. Sam, in charge of the evening reception, makes the most delicious food, always with a healthy option, and pours up complimentary beer and wine. Once again, she and her staff make it a more enjoyable experience! Jennifer, the general manager, goes out of her way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The rooms are neat, the bathrooms clean, and the beds comfortable. I would highly recommend the hotel to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank DeeM0
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I've stayed at the Homewood Suites twice over the past few years and both times have found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. The beds are wonderful with quality linens and good pillows. The staff is helpful and courteous (even providing several complimentary bottles of water during my stay). The complimentary breakfast and dinner is a better quality than I've seen at other hotels. Only one negative thing during my last stay... when I checked in, there was a maintenance man headed to my room to clean the ceiling fan. He took forever to complete the task. It was a little awkward having some strange guy in my room! Other than this first little incident, the rest of the stay was wonderful.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dnkpowell
Reviewed 13 September 2011

Great location, huge suites, and meals included make this a "must stay" for a family.

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank Malakos
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We enjoyed staying here while we were in Anchorage for the weekend. The room was exceptionally clean and well laid out. Our son enjoyed having his own space and tv as well. The kitchen was very useful. We will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Akwinter
Reviewed 10 September 2011

We have stayed at this hotel over the past several months and am very pleased with this property and the entire staff's attention to details. The hotel is close to downtown and many local attractions with a van service with friendly drivers to take you there at no extra charge, very convenient service. Highly recommend this hotel when in Anchorage

Room Tip: All rooms have a kitchen and full refrigerator which helps when you do not want to go out to a resta...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank SOELOPAC
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with the Homewood Suites in Anchorage, AK. It has truly been our pleasure to have you and your team stay at our hotel for the past several months. I agree that the full sized refrigerator is of great benefit for anyone staying for an extended period of time or even for those guests that may not want to go out and eat every night. Thank you for mentioning this great benefit.

Thank you again for the great review.

Best Regards,