“wonderful staff”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #6 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 6 August 2012

I was recently in Anchorage on business and stayed here and another Hilton property. The Homewood far surpassed the other Hilton property. The staff is very friendly and responsive to any requests. The room was quite, clean and spacious. The living area was comfortable. It has a large desk which I appreciate since I work with two computers. the kitchen is fully functional but hardly needed with breakfast daily and dinner four nites a week. Daily housekeeping which is not standard at the other hotel I was in. I will plan to stay here next spring when I go back to Anchorage.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank hjr9
Erik M, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2012

Dear hjr9,
Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review of your visit on TripAdvisor. I am so very happy that you had a nice experience. Thanks for mentioning our complimentary full breakfast, Manager's Reception (dinner) and spacious clean guest rooms. I will make sure to share your Trip Advisor response with my team and we look forward to your next visit in the Spring of 2013.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

This was my first stay in a Homewood Suites hotel. It is a pretty normal hotel with excellent room size and a comfortable bed. I did not use the refrigerator or stove but I am sure it would be convenient with a family. The hotel is in a good non-downtown location if this is where you would prefer to stay. There was an odor of smoke in the hallways. The staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank 55135Traveler

Dear 55135Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Homewood Suites Anchorage during your visit to Alaska. I really do apologize for the smell of smoke in the hallways. I'm assuming your room was on the 4th floor which is where we have 13 smoking rooms available since we are an extended stay. If you could, please contact me so we can discuss how your next stay, if you allow us another chance, can be a "GREAT" hotel experience and not just a good one. You can reach me at 907-762-7000 or Erik.Mendoza@hilton.com.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Homewood Suites in Anchorage and, oh my goodness, what a great hotel!

This hotel feels practically new due to its renovation and is incredibly convenient to Anchorage International Airport AND to a number of local restaurants (ranging from Taco Del Mar to the Lone Star Steakhouse). The public spaces are all immaculate and beautifully appointed. Their practical design seems to make hotel guests feel comfortable and welcome.

The suites are also incredibly nice. They're spacious and offer great flexibility. While it was only my wife and I for night #1, our daughter joined us for night #2, utilizing what she referred to as "an incredibly comfortable foldout couch". She noted that the new models, used by the Homewood, don't feel like like they have a metal bar running across the middle as the older models did.

Two pleasant "asides" at the Homewood: (1) Both sleeping rooms and hallways are incredibly quite, making for a good night's sleep. (2) Guest restrooms are practically spotless (a fact not wasted on my family). (3) There is a coin-operated laundry on-site for use by guests; this is nice for those needing clean clothes after an Alaskan cruise or vacation.

Adding to the incredible value offered by the Homewood is the fact that they not only offer a full breakfast every morning but they also offer their guests dinner (e.g., chicken fajitas, meatball subs, etc.) on Monday through Thursday evenings.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on an upper floor away from the elevator if you want a quiet room, but know that, in...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank BamaRedRaider

Dear BamaRedRaider,
We really do appreciate your response on Trip Advisor about our beautiful Homewood Suites. Noteably, the location, the service and the cleanliness. We strive to make EVERY guest experience here in Anchorage a great one. Your comments have already been shared with my team and we hope to see you back here soon. Oh and by the way, Go Tech!

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stay at the Homewood Suites every time I'm in Anchorage and they never disappoint! Everything was completely renovated recently so it's far from "very old and quite dirty." The entire staff is extremely friendly and personable, they honestly feel like family. Cheesy but true.
I really enjoy the complimentary breakfast and dinner and love that the fitness room is 24/7.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank WayfaringDaydream
Reviewed 12 July 2012

The Homewood Suites is absolutely wonderful! The complimentary breakfast and dinner are very nice during the week, making it so that we only had to buy dinner on the weekend! The entire staff are very helpful and so nice! The next time we are looking for a getaway from home we will be here!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank AKarctichick
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband, son and I recently stayed at this hotel on the night that we arrived in Alaska. We had a 15 hour flight with layover and were exhausted by the time we landed in Anchorage. It was so nice that this hotel was such a quick easy drive from the airport! The first thing you notice when you enter the lobby is that you are in Alaska....it has a great local feel. The front desk service was friendly and check-in was quick.

The room itself was clean and comfortable. The only thing that we noticed was that it seemed smaller than other Homewood Suite rooms that we have stayed in before. We had a king size bed with a pullout sofa bed for my son. The main bedroom was tight on space. We were not able to store our luggage in the room and still be able to navigate around the bed. I ended up putting my rolling duffel in the kitchen actually! My son pulled out the sleeper sofa and had maybe an inch between the end of the bed and the stand holding the TV. Made it a little hard to make the bed as we had to keep pushing the end up to get to the other side. We were so tired though that once we fell asleep, all of this became a non-issue. I would just say that if you are staying for more than a night and space is an issue, you might want to check to see if they have different sized rooms. We have run into this before at some Homewood Suites where the room size is different even if it has the same set-up so it's possible that this is the case here. The bathroom was spacious and very clean.

Breakfast was good. They even had a "make your own waffle station". If you want to do that, I would suggest that you be prepared to wait because it seems to be a very popular option and there is only one waffle iron.

All in all this is a very good option to stay especially if you are arriving or departing from the airport. It's convenient, clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: Check to see if there are size differences between rooms especially if you need more space.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Melody B
Reviewed 9 July 2012

A vey clean and well kept property. Nice size rooms with very comfortable furniture and a king size bed that still is in wonderful condition., Nicely appointed rooms, with a sense of hominess. Well appointed kitchen for such a small area. The morning breakfast is standard for the industry, tasty, hot and with variety. Also well cared for and attentive staff. Don't understand where reviewer, sixamigos found this hotel to be old and dirty. Not only is the hotel not old, it was definitely not dirty, quite the contrary. Hotel amenities are very much the same as any Homewood Suite would be no matter where they are located. Why we chose this hotel, can count on quality of our stay with this chain.

Room Tip: Rooms on the East side have wooded view and corner units a bit quieter to hall traffic.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple