“I would live in this hotel if I could”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“I would live in this hotel if I could”
Reviewed 6 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed at Homewood Suites for 2 weeks in August 2010. I was in Anchorage for work and to stay two weeks in a hotel can be kind of rough. Not at the Homewood Suites! This was one of the most comfortable hotels I've ever stayed in. The rooms were lovely, the service was wonderful and the free hot breakfasts and dinners and beer and wine on weeknights really cannot be beat. The pool and hot tub were awesome and most important, I felt comfortable coming down to breakfast in sweat pants even though it is an upscale place due to the friendliness of the employees. The location was alright, could have been more central for my taste but I had a rental car so it was a non-issue. There are several restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Youwinsome
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to see you felt at "home" during your extended stay. We strive to make our guests feel that they are part of our "family" and make your visit as comfortable as possible. We look forward to welcoming you "home" when you visit Anchorage next.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Ketchikan, Alaska
Reviewed 31 December 2012

If I had to choose a Hotel in Anchorage, Homewood Suites would be it! I stayed for 3 weeks this winter and was treated like royalty. The rooms themselves are wonderful, spacious, clean, cozy, and just what I (or anyone) needed for a stay that long. The full kitchen (although not used much) was very convenient for keeping/eating food in the room when needed. The front desk staff were amazingly friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. The shuttle got us just about everywhere we needed to go and did so in a timely manner. Hot breakfast every morning and dinners 4 nights a week was a nice option to save money on food. The food was very good (two free glasses of wine at night were the perfect ending to a busy day!) I am looking forward to my next stay in Anchorage. I would not go anywhere else! Sincere Thanks to everyone for making me feel like I was coming "home' everynight!! Nan from Ketchikan

Room Tip: I was on the 3rd floor towards the back of the hotel. It was pretty quiet...no issues.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Nan N
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Nan,

Thank you for such a glowing review. Our Associates take pride in making Homewood Suites Anchorage your "home" away from home. We look forward to welcoming you back and when you plan a visit, please contact me directly and I will personally arrange your reservations.
North Carolina
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I wasn't a fan. I see lots of good reviews so maybe my experience was unusual.

The hotel itself is a ways from the airport - not a long drive - but not real close. Make sure you allow some time to get back.

The desk clerk's are not good at answering the phone. I arrived late at night. when I called down to the desk they didn't answer - ever. After several tries he eventually answered. I wanted a wake-up call since my time was off and didn't want to miss a morning flight. I never got a wake up call the next morning.

The next morning when I went down to catch the shuttle back to the airport there were 3 perks young girls working the desk. The phone was ringing - I could hear it - they were standing there - nobody was answering it. Not sure what to make of that.

They say the shuttle is "on demand." I got to the desk - they said it would be arriving soon. I was standing there - they never called the shuttle driver to alert him. He eventually showed up - about 25 minutes. For those who assume that on demand means on demand - you will want to allow extra time for that interpretation.

They have very small rooms - smaller than typical Homewood. The hotel has thin walls. You can hear people coming and going all night long. make sure you turn the a/c to on to create white noise.

They describe a "full hot breakfast." It is not. No buffet - you can make you own waffle. They have a microwave.and those pre-made sandwiches with sausage egg and cheese - like Hampton Inns have. Otherwise it all cold cereal.

There are a lot of choices near the airport - and a lot of choices near this hotel. I think you can do better. Next time I'll try elsewhere

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank sbccc
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Thank you for your feedback. Is is through such feedback that we may strive to improve our product and service standards. I apologize for what you have experienced. Given that your visit was four month before, I would appreciate if you can contact me via email in order for me to receive further details in order to investigate your concerns regarding our Team. My email is: stiphan.beher@hilton.com

I look forward to hearing from you. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and demonstrate our true hospitality.
Florida
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Two couples shared a two bedroom/two bathroom suite in mid-August, 2012. Each bedroom was spacious, well-appointed and had its own bathroom, affording privacy for each couple. There was also a small living room, eating area and fully equipped kitchen. We stayed there both at the beginning and again at the end of our Alaskan trip and would highly recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kelseyjem
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed both your stays with us. We hope you will visit Alaska again and afford us another opportunity to be your "home" away from home. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will assist in arranging your reservations.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 December 2012

I travel a lot for work and staying at the right hotel can make the difference. The Homewood Suites by Hilton in Anchorage, Alaska has very nice accomodations and the hotel staff was great. Very friendly and always with a smile. From check-in, with Tania at the front desk, our trip was off to a great start. Tania was extremely friendly and helpful each day of our stay. If you are planning a trip to Anchorage, you can not beat this hotel. - Joe from Chicago

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Joe J
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 6 December 2012
Dear Joe,

Thank you for your awsome review and the glowing words for Tania. She does a fabulous job. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Anchorage.
San Angelo, TX
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I travel for work and have stayed in many Hilton properties, but this has to be the best ever. It is mainly due to the Front Office Manager, Erik Mendoza. I have never seen a more caring and involved manager at a property. He truly took ownership of his position and he has wonderful managing skills or his staff would not be as excellent as they are. I was always greeted each time I walked in or out and the entire front desk staff was marvelous. Of course I wouldn't want to leave out the breakfast/dinner area hostesses or the housekeeping staff. The rooms were wonderful, but the staff is what made the stay most enjoyable.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathy T
Stiphan B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 29 November 2012
Wow! Thank you for such wonderful words and for the recognition of Erik and his Team. We continually strive to exceed Guest expectations and I am happy to hear you feel so strongly about the Homewood Suites Anchorage.

We hope your travels will bring you back to Anchorage and that we will have the opportunity to make your next stay even more enjoyable.
Fairbanks
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times and we enjoy the accommodations and we are always impressed by the staff and their helpfulness. We particularly wanted to commend one of the front desk receptionists, Jaeline David. In all our stays over the last 2 or 3 years, she has been consistently pleasant, welcoming, and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Nancy K
Thank you for your glowing review. I am glad to hear that Jaeline has consistently contributed to your stays being memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Homewood Suites Anchorage, you "home' away from home.

When your travel needs next bring you to Anchorage, please feel free to contact me directly and I will personally arrange your reservations.