“Great home base in Anchorage”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
houston
“Great home base in Anchorage”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed at the Homewood Suites our first night, and in between visiting Seward and Denali. It was just as I expected, if not better. The location is close to a Walmart and dinner at Moose's Tooth for delicious hot pizza. The rooms were comfortable, clean and bright. I thought the rate was fair for a two bedroom and two bath, with a separate living area. We found the breakfast very good... bacon, eggs, potatoes, hot oatmeal, pastries, fresh fruit, coffee and variety of juices. Laundry facilities were useful.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear lyang,

Thank you so much for taking time out to review your stay while in Anchorage at the Homewood Suites. We are so glad that the hotel fit all your needs. And that the location for your stay was just right. We are glad you got to go to the Moose’s Tooth, one of the best places in anchorage to get gourmet pizza. I’m glad you found our breakfast perfect during your trip. We wish nothing more than for you to enjoy your time in anchorage to the fullest. We hope next time you are in Anchorage you will choose the Homewood Suites.
Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Crane, Indiana
Reviewed 28 August 2013

A typical Homewood Suites. The lobby has some impressive mounted bears. Situated fairly close to the airport and walkable to a few restaurants. The shuttle service will take you downtown or a few other places around town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Bendog1959,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel. I hope you got some pictures with our bears and animals in the lobby. We would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out our survey, and let the Tripadvisor travelers know about our hotel. We hope that if you find yourself in Anchorage again, that you will be choosing the Homewood Suites. Once again thank you so much for staying with us.
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I stayed at this hotel from 6/24- 8/14 all the staff was extremely friendly and always helpful. The front desk staff Courtney, Kim, Christine, Tracy, Jessica, Tanya, Bert and Jaline assisted me with any concerns I had while staying at their hotel. I needed a cutting board while I was staying at the Homewood and the manger went to Wal-Mart and picked it up herself. They made sure my dinner was put in my room every day since my work schedule prevented me from picking up the dinner myself. Kendrick one of the housemen assisted me in fixing my hair clipper during my stay. All of the driver were on time with their pickups with is always great after a hard day of work. I stayed in Anchorage last summer and my hotel experience was awful of course it was at a different hotel. I’m happy this summer I stayed at the Homewood and whenever I come back I will stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Hadrian B
Dear Hadrian B,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am extremely happy that all of our staff was able to make an impression on you during your stay. We pride ourselves in exemplary service and hope that every guest can have an experience like yours during their stay. Please know that all your kind words have been given to each individual employee, and they are each proud to have been able to provide you with such great service. We are so happy that you from now on when traveling in anchorage will call the Homewood Suites your home away from home. We can’t wait to see you again. And we’ll make sure the cookies are warm and waiting for you.
Thank you the Homewood Management Team
Westborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were very pleased with our recent stay at the Homewood Suites. Not only do we rate them excellent in all categories, but their staff was efficient and hospitable. We had a redeye flight to catch on our second night in town and there was no room available for a few hours. The staff at Homewood suggested we make ourselves comfortable in the lobby which worked out fine. The shuttle service to downtown and airport worked very well for us too.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear Iam4traveling,

Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel. I am so happy that you received such great service from my team while you were in Anchorage. We pride ourselves in making everyone’s stay the best it can be. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with all TripAdvisor it really means a lot to us. We hope that if you are ever in Anchorage again, you will be choosing the Homewood Suites as your place to stay.
Meriden, New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I rarely write about chain hotels, but the service we got at Homewood, Anchorage demands I do so. We were 3 fishermen on our way through Anchorage to our remote fishing lodge, and spent one night at Homewood. The 2 queens plus sleep sofa room was perfect, and the room had everything we needed. But it was the front office folks -- Tania, Jaeline, and Courtney -- that really impressed. They helped us find a good restaurant, arranged for shuttles to and from downtown and the airport, stored our bags for a late checkout, and arranged for a lost cell phone power cord to be mailed to us at home. Sure, those are little things, but they were done with such big smiles and willing attitude!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank RCFSRD
Tracy B, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 10 September 2013
Dear RCFSRD,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. We really do appreciate everyone that takes the time out of there busy schedule to say a little bit about their stay in Anchorage. I hope that during your time in Alaska you got to catch a few of the big ones that we have swimming out there. I am so happy that my front desk staff was able to go above and beyond for you and your other travelers. It is so important to us that our guests feel as if they are at home and receive the best service we can provide. We hope that your visit to Anchorage was memorable. And we hope that next time you are in Anchorage you will be choosing the Homewood Suites again.

The Management Team
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed at Homewood Suites for a week on business and were very pleased with our choice. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. They were willing and able to give us excellent restaurant recommendations beyond the chains that are right outside their doors. They have a well maintained fitness center and pool. Breakfast was delicious. The Monday - Thursday dinners and happy hour were good as well. We'd stay here if we were in Anchorage again.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear BReall,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to write a response about your stay at our hotel. We hope we were able to make your stay as much like home as possible. We pride ourselves in trying to make sure each guest has the best experience we can provide. I hope you enjoyed your time in Anchorage, and that next time if your travels bring you to town that you will be choosing the Homewood Suites. Once again thank you so much for the review and we look forward to having you again.
St Neots, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We stayed here for a night on our arrival in Anchorage. Friendly staff, good facilities. The sleeper sofa wasn't great but adequate. The breakfast had a good selection and was tasty. Would stay here again.

Dear Mayatree,
Thank you so much for taking the time out to review our hotel on trip advisor. I am extremely happy that all of our staff was able to make an impression on your during your stay. We pride ourselves in exemplary service and Hope that every guest can have an experience like yours during their stay. I do apologize that the sofa sleeper wasn’t as comfy as we could provide. Please next time let us know and we will provide an alternative for the situation. I wish we could have provided a resolution during your stay. But once again thank you so much for commenting and sharing your experience. If there is anything else we can do for you please feel free to contact us @ 907-762-7000