“Was here for 2 weeks”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Had a wonderful time here while my husband was on buisness. Our suite was wonderful, and close to everything! There is a Walmart about a mile away, and great restaurants. They have a wonderful cocktail hour with wine, and beer that is included as well as dinner served 4 nites a week. Breakfasts are great with everything you want!!! Our room was on the bottom floor with a huge picturesque window. Saw a lot of moose in the snow outside our bedroom window!!! They have a great shuttle bus into town which I enjoyed! Nordstroms yah!!!! The staff are always wanting to help you!! Always smiles. Enjoy your stay here, it is a nice place.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dave92024
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2014

Dear Dave 92024,

Thank you for such an amazing review! I am so glad you had the opportunity to see moose outside your window. I hope you got some great pictures. It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed our dining area, shuttle and amenities. We strive to ensure our guests enjoy their time with us as much as you did. Thank you, again for the taking the time to give us feedback about your stay. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. See you next trip!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

I was stuck for 5 days in Anchorage and could not get home. The Homewood Suites was a good choice. Lots of room and with the "suite" style amenities it was perfect. A co-worker recommended it and I will be arranging all my business & personal travel there.

Dear James F,

Thank you for your time in providing us with your feedback. I am sorry that you were unable to leave Anchorage for 5 days, but I am glad you had the opportunity to experience Homewood Suties. It is even better to hear that you will consider us your location of choice on your next visit to Anchorage Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Had a great time and this was a very nice hotel. I only suggested that they provide plastic wear so that those of us who eat on the run can take our yogurt with us. The location was great and the food was good. I enjoy being able to get a glass of wine without having to buy a whole bottle. I also enjoy grabbing a bite to eat and not having to spend time in a restaurant when all I really want to do is get to my room and relax.

1  Thank Connie B

Dear Connie B,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review! Also, your suggestion of plasticware in the dining area is greatly appreciated. That is now an option we offer during breakfast and evening reception for those guests who are on-the-go. I am so glad you enjoyed our amentiies and hotel. Our Homewood team strives for providing our guests with a positive, memorable impession. It is great to hear we accomplished this with you. Thank you, again Connie B, for taking the time send us your feedback. We look forward to your next stay!

Geneal Manager

Reviewed 11 January 2014

This hotel is great in amenities, room features, location. Only issue I had on most recent stay was too noisy as I was able to hear hallway guests and children in adjacent room. I have stayed here on two occasions and first time the stay was fantastic!

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear kikalee42,

Thank you very much for your review. It is great to hear you enjoyed our amenites and location. My apologies you were disturbed by the the hallway and near suite noises. We strive to ensure our guests are most comfortable during their stay. During your stay, please feel free to contact the guest service desk if we may every assist, especially with noise concerns. Thank you, again kikalee42 for taking the time to provide us with great feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I've always enjoyed staying in Homewood Suites all over the states, but this location makes me feel right at home. The staff is friendly, atmosphere relaxing and I feel safe. I know that when I am visiting this location will always be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Phyllis T
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Phyllis T

Thank you for making our hotel your first choice in places to stay in Anchorage. Thank you for your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor! We are so happy to hear that our wonderful staff was able to take care of you while you were with us and we really appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback on how safe, comfortable and relaxing your stay was. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Everything was perfect up until the next morning about 9:22am. I was laying in bed with my partner, needless to say what we were doing, it's a good thing I put the long lock on the door to keep anyone from just walking in. I "HEARD" no knock. It's wasn't till they realized after trying to walk into my room that in fact there was still someone in the room. Of course I yelled that someone is still occupying this room no thank for room service. Then they came back around 10:33am knocking again, to see if we left. I understand check out is at 11:00am, but you can't keep bugging your guest because you are under schedule to get the rooms cleaned on that floor or something. Other than that, I had no problem with the hotel. But I will say, it rattled my nerves someone just putting a key into the door, and just opening up as normal & trying to come while you are laying there in bed. That was not cool. Would I stay here again, for the price I was fine with, but the interruptions, I would never put up with. I felt like we were rushed to get out. That's over all how I felt. Again, I would stay here, but I would tell the front desk to tell their hotel keeping to KNOCK FIRST before just going into someone's room before 11:00am, & then for SECURITY reason to protect THEM, you should knock anyway. And don't keep coming back to see if we have check out before 11:00am. Just plain Rude! But that sounds work for the $158 I paid to stay here. I don't think so.

Room Tip: Just Use your Emergency Lock is All when you are in your Room so No One With a "KEY" just...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Amber B
Tracy B, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Amber B,

I want to start off with apologizing for my staff barging into your room unannounced. That is not how we have trained the staff. I have taken your review and used it as a training tool for our housekeeping department. I am so regretful that they disturbed you so many times. I have talked to all team members involved in your situation and each member is truly sorry that your stay did not exceed your expectations. We strive to make everyone’s stay a home away from home and we failed in that area. My team and I are always learning and we appreciate your honesty and taking the time to reflect on your stay with us. I thank you for staying with us and we hope you will return so we may provide you with the best service we can provide. I hope you have had a wonderful holiday season, and wish you the happiest New Year.

Reviewed 6 December 2013

This hotel is excellent in customer service, welcoming every guest with smiles and well wishes. Free shuttle to the airport and downtown, be sure to ask for Ron, he will show you where to go and what to see. Ja-nice, Nancy and all the ladies at the front desk where friendly and helpful. This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites, we can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: All suites are quite and peaceful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank ImLucyRichardo

Dear LyndaD;

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’ll defiantly let the Ja-nice and Nancy and the rest of the ladies know of your wonderful review of your stay. I know my front desk staff strives to make your stay the most enjoyable and hope to leave you with the feeling that you are at home with us. It sounds like we did just that. Glad to hear Ron was able to tell you of all the hidden gems Anchorage has to offer. We are so glad your first stay with us was so nice. I look forward to the next time you are in town. I hope you are having a wonderful Holiday Season, and have a very Happy New Year.