So it seemed like most hotels in Anchorage were near or over $200 during the summer season. This hotel was no exception. However, when you add in the value of a free dinner, wine and hot breakfast, it was not a bad deal considering.
The location is not in a beautiful area, it is in the heart of Anchorage. There was a large dirt lot next to the hotel, but a nice green tree area on another side. This was just a stopover for us to catch a flight to Juneau after travelling to Valdez, Cordova and Whittier via ferry.
When we arrived in the evening, we were surprised to be provided dinner, wine and freshly baked cookies. I had forgotten that dinner was provided on certain nights (I think Monday through Thursday). It was not great dining, but it was good enough and saved us about $80-100 we would have likely paid at a nearby Anchorage restaurant for dinner, wine and dessert. The hot breakfast was decent with a waffle station, good bacon, an egg dish, fruit, coffe, tea and so-so orange "juice."
All rooms are suites with all kitchen amenities you would expect, clean and very comfortable bed.
You just have to suck it up a bit to stay in Anchorage as it is pricy for what you get but, aside from that, this hotel was a nice place to stay. Staff was also very friendly and attentive.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Homewood Suites Anchorage
- Hilton Anchorage
- Homewood Anchorage
- Anchorage Hilton
- Anchorage Homewood Suites
- Homewood Suites By Hilton Anchorage Alaska