“Home Away From Home”

Ranked #4 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Calgary, Canada
“Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed in the Homewood Suites for almost 7 months while working in Anchorage on a three week on one week off rotation. I had nothing but fantastic service from the friendly front desk service to the shuttle drives, and the home cooked meals they served during the week. They were very accomodating, even when i left the hotel for my days off they stored my things and had them in my new room the day i returned.
I highly recommend the Homewood Suites for any long term stay, it's like Home Away from Home.

Room Tip: I stayed in several different rooms, always on the 4th floor, never had any issues with any of them.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello Barb H,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and recommendation of Homewood Suites Anchorage! We will surely miss seeing your face at the evening receptions! Seven months is indeed a long time to be away from home, especially for work. It pleases me so much to hear that we were able to make you feel as if this were your "Home Away from Home." I will make sure to share your review with our team. I know they will appreciate your warm words. It was our pleasure to assist you during your stay and store your items for your various trips away. I am so glad you are finally home, home, but on behalf of our entire Homewood Suites Anchorage team, we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home!" Thank you again, Barb H!

Tracy M. Brown

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Brighton, United States
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is in good condition and well maintained. The cost per room was generally in line with other nearby hotels of similar quality. Loved the shuttle service since we didn't have other ground transportation. The shuttle picked us up at the train station, was able to take us downtown on request, and also dropped us off at the airport. If I were to stay in Anchorage for a longer period of time, I'd utilize the in-suite kitchenette to cut back on the dining expenses.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Joshua B,

Thank you for your time in writing a review of Homewood Suites Anchorage! It is great to hear you had to opportunity to utilize our shuttle service. Using our in-suite kitchenettes is such a good recommendation! You are correct, our kitchenette amenity not only cuts costs, but also gives that feeling and comfort of "home." Thank you again, Joshua B and we look forward to your next stay at Homewood Suites Anchorage!

Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arriving we where greater by very friendly stuff. Great clean and we'll layer out rooms. Price was a but high, however all of anchorage is like this. Free shuttle service was good. Evan when we checked out a 4 am.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Corey W,

Thank you very much for your review of Homewood Suites Anchorage. It is fantastic to hear our shuttle service was so accommodating and convenient for you! Your time in sending us a review is greatly appreciated. Thank you, again Corey W. We look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suites Anchorage!

Youngstown, Ohio
Reviewed 27 July 2014

One night stay in Anchorage after flying in on 8 PM United flight.
Easy to get to hotel with free shuttle service.
Evening desk staff was courteous and informative.
Room was noisy with thin walls and ceiling. Heard upstairs guest walking throughout evening and into early morning. Construction site adjacent to hotel started heavy machinery at 7 AM.
Breakfast was OK but not as extensive as I've had at other Homewood sites.
Morning Desk Staff not as well informed as evening staff. Had difficulty arranging promised shuttle service for next flight.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear BillandJanR,

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied with their entire stay. My apologies our breakfast amenity did not meet your expectations. We look forward to hearing your food preferences on your next visit to Homewood Suites; and we will try our best to accomodate options, as well as room location. Thank you again, BillandJanR and we look forward to your next visit.

Diboll, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Loved the hotel and the excellent service! This hotel is in a great location. Just around the corner from a Walmart and hotel has shuttle service to Walmart, airport and train depot. I did have a situation of where I went to Walmart and was unaware of the shuttle service ending at 10pm and when I called for shuttle at 11pm, they kindly got a taxi service for me. I chose this hotel, because I love Homewood Suites and because of the convience of shuttles to and from airport and train depot since I was using both. Nice, clean rooms and excellent staff that go up and above their call of service.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

1 Thank Karen K
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Karen K,

Thank you so much for your review of Homewood Suite Anchorage! It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your suite and that our team provided you with such a service. I will ensure to pass your kind words to our team, as it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again, Karen K, for your time in writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suites Anchorage.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed here for two nights before our cruise. We found nothing wrong with this hotel and everything was perfect!! We rented a car for one day and dropped off the car at the airport and the hotel provided us a shuttle bus back to hotel and again to the train station the next morning. We received a personal note in our room to see if we need anything and to let them know. They did treat us very well!!! We slept very well and enjoyed the afternoon refreshments as well as breakfast. Great job!! Strongly suggest you to stay there when you are in town!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 20Sandy03
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear 20Sandy03,

Thank you so much for your great recommendation of Homewood Suites Anchorage! We try our best to make our guests most comfortable and are left with a memorable experience. I will make sure to pass your kind words to our team, as I know they will appreciate to hear you enjoyed the personal note left for your arrival. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our complimentary breakfast and manager's reception. On behalf of our team here at Homewood Suites Anchorage, it was our pleasure to host and assist you during your visit to Anchorage! We look forward to welcoming you back to town!

Portland, OR
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I stay here every few weeks and the hospitality is second to none. Great breakfasts and manager receptions are a nice touch. Very clean rooms with full amenities. Close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. Located in "Mid Town" you are just a quick shuttle ride to downtown.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank PacificRimTraveler
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear PacificRim Traveler,

Thank you very much for your time in writing a review about Homewood Suites Anchorage! It is great that you were able to enjoy our various amenities and convenience of our location. It pleases me to hear that the level of service we provide leaves such a great impression that we have the opportunity to host you every few weeks. Thank you again, PacificRim Traveler for your time and we look forward to having you stay with us on your next visit to Anchorage.