“Up to the Great Homewood Standards”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed one night at the Anchorage Homewood Suites and got the usual great experience normally found at the Homewood Suites. We had an upgraded Suite which was huge and enjoyed the extra space. We got in late so only got to enjoy breakfast and it was very good.
Hotel is located near the airport and runs a convenient airport shuttle and has a shuttle to take you downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear TXtraveler67_71,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Anchorage. Though your visit was short, I am glad you had an opportunity to enjoy our complimentary breakfast. We strive to ensure we provide a service that demonstrates the Homewood hospitality and standard! It is great to hear we accomplished that with you. On your next visit, we look forward to welcoming you to the evening managers' reception. Thank you again, TXtraveler67_71 for your time and we will see you on your next visit with Homewood Suites Anchorage!

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night before boarding a cruise at Seaward. The hotel looks somewhat dated i.e. not super modern. The staff were all super friendly at check in and with helping us out, however they all knew nothing about getting to the Seaward cruise terminal located 2 hrs away. I feel as though front desk reception persons should have had this type of information. In the end we had to find out about shuttle and bookings on our own. The free breakfast at the hotel was decent enough. We did not try the "Managers special" which included some food and drinks (wine) around 5 pm. Overall, a decent stay.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Anand V,

Thank you for your review of Homewood Suites Anchorage. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. Normally when cruises are booked for our surrounding cities, the travel company involved provides an itinerary, including pick up and drop off time. There are also other ways of transportation via Anchorage companies that specialize in seasonal transportation. My apologies we were not able to assist more readily with information regarding the Seward cruise. Having information such as options for cruise or tour transportation is a great recommendation. We always look for ways to improve, especially with better assisting our guests. Thank you again, Anand V for your feedback. We look forward to having you stay with Homewood Suites Anchorage in the future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed in the Homewood Suites for almost 7 months while working in Anchorage on a three week on one week off rotation. I had nothing but fantastic service from the friendly front desk service to the shuttle drives, and the home cooked meals they served during the week. They were very accomodating, even when i left the hotel for my days off they stored my things and had them in my new room the day i returned.
I highly recommend the Homewood Suites for any long term stay, it's like Home Away from Home.

Room Tip: I stayed in several different rooms, always on the 4th floor, never had any issues with any of them.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Hello Barb H,

Thank you so much for your glowing review and recommendation of Homewood Suites Anchorage! We will surely miss seeing your face at the evening receptions! Seven months is indeed a long time to be away from home, especially for work. It pleases me so much to hear that we were able to make you feel as if this were your "Home Away from Home." I will make sure to share your review with our team. I know they will appreciate your warm words. It was our pleasure to assist you during your stay and store your items for your various trips away. I am so glad you are finally home, home, but on behalf of our entire Homewood Suites Anchorage team, we look forward to welcoming you back to your "home away from home!" Thank you again, Barb H!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

The hotel is in good condition and well maintained. The cost per room was generally in line with other nearby hotels of similar quality. Loved the shuttle service since we didn't have other ground transportation. The shuttle picked us up at the train station, was able to take us downtown on request, and also dropped us off at the airport. If I were to stay in Anchorage for a longer period of time, I'd utilize the in-suite kitchenette to cut back on the dining expenses.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Joshua B,

Thank you for your time in writing a review of Homewood Suites Anchorage! It is great to hear you had to opportunity to utilize our shuttle service. Using our in-suite kitchenettes is such a good recommendation! You are correct, our kitchenette amenity not only cuts costs, but also gives that feeling and comfort of "home." Thank you again, Joshua B and we look forward to your next stay at Homewood Suites Anchorage!

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Arriving we where greater by very friendly stuff. Great clean and we'll layer out rooms. Price was a but high, however all of anchorage is like this. Free shuttle service was good. Evan when we checked out a 4 am.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Corey W,

Thank you very much for your review of Homewood Suites Anchorage. It is fantastic to hear our shuttle service was so accommodating and convenient for you! Your time in sending us a review is greatly appreciated. Thank you, again Corey W. We look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suites Anchorage!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

One night stay in Anchorage after flying in on 8 PM United flight.
Easy to get to hotel with free shuttle service.
Evening desk staff was courteous and informative.
Room was noisy with thin walls and ceiling. Heard upstairs guest walking throughout evening and into early morning. Construction site adjacent to hotel started heavy machinery at 7 AM.
Breakfast was OK but not as extensive as I've had at other Homewood sites.
Morning Desk Staff not as well informed as evening staff. Had difficulty arranging promised shuttle service for next flight.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear BillandJanR,

Thank you for your time in writing a review. We strive to ensure our guests are satisfied with their entire stay. My apologies our breakfast amenity did not meet your expectations. We look forward to hearing your food preferences on your next visit to Homewood Suites; and we will try our best to accomodate options, as well as room location. Thank you again, BillandJanR and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

Loved the hotel and the excellent service! This hotel is in a great location. Just around the corner from a Walmart and hotel has shuttle service to Walmart, airport and train depot. I did have a situation of where I went to Walmart and was unaware of the shuttle service ending at 10pm and when I called for shuttle at 11pm, they kindly got a taxi service for me. I chose this hotel, because I love Homewood Suites and because of the convience of shuttles to and from airport and train depot since I was using both. Nice, clean rooms and excellent staff that go up and above their call of service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
1  Thank Karen K
Tracy B, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Karen K,

Thank you so much for your review of Homewood Suite Anchorage! It pleases me to hear that you enjoyed your suite and that our team provided you with such a service. I will ensure to pass your kind words to our team, as it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you again, Karen K, for your time in writing a review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Homewood Suites Anchorage.