“Good times”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage
Ranked #5 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 25 October 2010

This hotel offered all the amenities necessary for an excellent, cost effective stay. First off, the rooms were practically appartments. Breakfast and dinner was included with the room and so that was very helpful. There was no need to rent a car as they also offered a complimentary shuttle that took us everywhere we needed to go. The pool and basketball court made for some fun pastimes between activities outside of the hotel. And above all, the staff was all very friendly. They took time to talk to us to see how our days were going and were, honestly, quite entertaining. I will definitely look to see if there's a Homewood Suites in the area everytime I travel.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank collegiate2
hsanchoragegm, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2010

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on trip advisor! It is the comments that we receive from our guests that allows us to improve our service and product. We appreciate your business and hope that the next time you are in Anchorage, that you will stay with us again!

Truly,
Tami Long

Reviewed 15 October 2010

I booked my stay through SATO-a government contracted travel agent. I expected to get the government rate at the hotel. Upon check-out the hotel charged me $209 per night for 6 nights when the government allowed lodging is currently $99 per night. When I asked for a reduced, revised invoice, the hotel said because I booked thru SATO I needed to speak to them. I spoke to SATO and they couldn't do anything. So I was given the run around. I will never stay at the Homewood Suites in Anchorage again.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank dix74

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, the government rate is not always available. I am surprised that Sato did not advise you of this, or send you an itinerary after they booked your stay. Sato books directly thru an internet connection and they should have been able to see the rate that they booked for you. We do limit the number of government per diem rates that we can accommodate; however we always advise guests if we are booking them into an alternate rate. I am so sorry that you were not advised of your rate prior to arrival, by your travel agent.
Please feel free to book directly with the hotel on your next trip to Anchorage, and if we do not have the government rate avail, we can direct you to a hotel that does.
Truly
Tami Long

Reviewed 30 September 2010

I stayed here with a friend and was very impressed with the size of the room. It had two separate large bedrooms with private bathrooms in each. The main living area was also very spacious and had a kitchenette and dining table. Very bright and cheery decor and clean. The pillows were very soft and the bed was comfortable had no problems going to sleep. Breakfast was included with the room and was very good. There is also a pool at the hotel that was just a short walk away. The stay was very quiet I never heard any of the other guests during my stay. Would definately reccommend as a place to stay with friends or with family when visiting in Anchorage.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank taranelson_75
Reviewed 29 September 2010

I stayed at this hotel for three weeks while on business. Upon checking in there was a small glitch in my reservation. Jaline at the front desk worked quickly to fix the problem and after that my stay was wonderful. The room was always clean and the food is great. I would like to especially compliment the staff. They are always friendly and willing to help with anything. Jaline, Q, Elizabeth and Barbara were over the top in customer service. Thank you Homewood Suites for making my extended stay fantastic.

1  Thank GP1204
Reviewed 27 September 2010

The room was very clean, comfortable, spacious, and nicely decorated. My kids loved the pool/hot tub. Excellent customer service! I will definately refer my family and friends here!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NicoleBojorquez
Reviewed 27 September 2010

This was a business trip so I did not have the "extra" time to dine out. The hot breakfast and supper saved the time that I would have normally spent waiting to served in a restaurant. Consequently, I was able to get more work done without sacrificing a good nights' sleep.

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank fillthephedd
Reviewed 27 September 2010

Front desk staff friendly and efficient. Checked in about 6:40 pm and was hoping to get a light dinner (one of the reasons I chose this hotel), but the food (including salad bar) was wiped out (they advertise availability until 7 pm). I asked the hostess if they would be replenishing and she said they had been hit hard and were out of food. Glad they still had wine. Room was clean and quiet. Good coffee at breakfast; bagels were hard. Not sure if I'd stay again.

1  Thank vbelton