“Go To Place”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown
Ranked #29 of 74 Hotels in Anchorage
Reviewed 1 July 2013

This is my go to hotel when I travel to Anchorage (about 4 trips a year). I've stayed here over 25 times and the rooms, facilities and breakfast are consistent. The staff is pleasant and very helpful. You can spend more in Anchorage but you can't do much better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

I am so glad you like our hotel! Thank you for staying with us and your kind comments, they are appreciated and will be shared with all staff.

Reviewed 22 June 2013

I stayed one night at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Anchorage Midtown. Service at the front desk was amazing. I had the pleasure to meet Easter. She was warm, caring, polite and friendly. She took the time to explain the hotel, area, breakfast options and the new lobby features. The hotel was under renovations. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was very large. The bedroom area was kinda small. The flat screen was large. Not much of a work area with ok WiFi. Breakfast was just ok and expected. Not a fan of eggs from a bag and VERY greasy sausages. Otherwise, the bagel and english muffin was ok. Coffee in-room and at breakfast was excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

I agree 100%. My front desk staff is great and I will definitely pass along your comments. Thankyou for taking the time to acknowledge them.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

This hotel has made some upgrades since I was there a few years ago and I liked it for what we needed then. They offer airport transportation, free WiFi, free use of computers in the lobby, nice free breakfast, and a very comfortable bed. The down side of this hotel is that it is not downtown, but we had a rental car and found Anchorage very easy to navigate. I left my travel pillow at this hotel and they kept it for me for a week while we traveled Alaska and then came back. The staff was always very nice. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so you look out at the beautiful snow covered mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us again, I'm glad you liked our updated look and enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a pre cruise stay to check out Anchorage a day before we sailed. The hotel is clean, the room was spotless and the front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel has a shuttle that picks you up from the airport and the driver was both prompt and friendly. The hotel next door has a superb restaurant on premise and the food was both fresh and fast. The breakfast in the morning was your standard breakfast.
Now, my only complaint about this establishment, it is really for people who have a car. All of the local restaurants, bars and downtown are quite a distance, not within walking. There is no little grocery store nearby to get some snacks or such. Be prepared if you are not driving to catch a taxi or city bus to get around.
Would I stay here again, you bet, just be prepared!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us on your recent trip to Anchorage. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our hotel and am glad you enjoyed your stay! My staff is great and it is always nice to be able to let them know that it does not go unnoticed by our guests.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

I will admit I was quite surpised when I stayed at this property. Very rarely do I offer a "5", but this one is well deserved. The overall property was very tidy right now to the stairwells to the rooms themselves. The renovation is all but complete without guest disturbance. A rare thing...the windows actually open up the whole way to soak up the fresh Alaska air!

The hotel does offer comp shuttle service to the airport (shared with the Crowne Plaza and Motel 6). It leave the Fairfield at :05 and :35 each hour. There are restaurants in the area that can be walkable like TGI Fridays, Golden Corral and Cattleman's Steak House.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for your kind comments, they will be shared. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed 10 May 2013

This property was wonderful from start to finish. The shuttle was prompt; front desk was very welcoming; room was outstanding; breakfast was the usual high quality; checkout was seamless. We LOVE this Fairfield Inn.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. This property is one of the best we've ever stayed in. Excellent regardi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and have shared your comments with my staff. It is always nice to be able to let them know when our guests compliment them. I have made note of your comments on our breakfast. We are in the process of upgrading the offerings and soon it will have an all new look. Thank you for staying with us and if I can be of assistance to you in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

The customer service is fantastic at this hotel. We were always greeted with a smile and asked if we needed anything. They also have fresh cookies around 6PM that are very tasty.

The room had all the right amenities with a comfortable bed, room to work, and a shower with good water pressure. There isn't much of a view from the rooms but the location is great with it being a few miles from the airport and close to downtown.

We weren't really impressed with the continental breakfast as the bagels were pretty hard but there were plenty of other items to choose from including cereal, fruit cups, muffins, and make-your-own waffles.

Overall we were very happy with our stay and would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
ANCFI, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and have shared your comments with my staff. The next time you travel to Anchorage, we hope that you''ll be our guest again!