“Excellent”

Cuisines: Japanese
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Great friendly chefs right in front of you. You HAVE to try the bacon-wrapped scallops. Best and most friendly staff in town. Excellent Sushi.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank bearscat

“Fish was so overcooked”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to try this place for awhile. The atmosphere is nice and staff was friendly. We started out with a couple of skewers and they were average, nothing to rave about. My husband and I ordered teriyaki salmon and halibut. Big mistake, my halibut was so dry that when I chewed it, it was like the consistency of overcooked chicken, not a flakey fish. People all around us were having sushi which is what we probably should have ordered. Not sure if I will be back and if I do I will surely avoid the halibut.

“Best and ONLY Yaki Sushi Shop”
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My husband and I have loyal customers to this place. I dont like sushi but my husband loves it. So it was hard to find a balance. Before this place opened we went to Ronnies and they were good. I would constantly order the Yakitori wishing a Yaki shop or something simular would open in anchorage. My wish came true with Yakitori opened. I was excited and they didnt disapoint in my first visit. I was hooked. The selection on Yaki dishes is big if you compare it to whats been done in anchorage before. My husband says that sushi there is also in its own class. Their take on rolls are different and cant be compared to. His go to favorite is the Tiger Eye Roll. Give it a shot. For me I order strictly from the Yaki menu. Yakitori, Zucchini, Yakiniku, Onigiri, Asparagus...all so good. They also have lamb, my husband likes that. At the end of our meal we are always given an orange chopped up and its a great way to end the meal. By the way, EXCELLENT customer service.

Stop by for lunch, dinner or a late meal and you will not be disapointed!

• Visited December 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
“Best Sushi restaurant in Anchorage”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

I absolutely love this sushi restaurant. The staff is so friendly, service is great and the rolls are delicious. Everything is fresh and well prepared. The yakitori skewers are delicious and always perfectly grilled. The pork belly are my favorite and I love that you can get them mild, moderate or spicy so my daughter can enjoy them as well.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank akbmoon
Newark, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Don't Let the Strip Mall Location Turn You Away”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

We heard about Yakitori Sushi House from another on-line restaurant resource and they were on target. We did not even try the sushi because in three visits we have never gotten past the skewers. The lamb chops are the best (better than the lamb skewers, those were a tad dry) but the scallops wrapped in bacon, shrimp, and eel skewers were also amazing. Even the veggie skewers were excellent. A tad cheaper than the meat skewers and good to fill out your selection. Can definitely recommend the eggplant and okra, but I am guessing all the veggie skewers are good. You can choose mild, medium, or spicy for the skewers. We went with spicy and that was about equal to 3 or 5 on a scale of 10 if you want to compare to another cuisine (like Thai) for heat. So spicy will not create a major problem for most people. Prices are very reasonable, especially for Anchorage. Very friendly staff with excellent service. If you are in Anchorage and looking for something a little different, you should definitely stop in Yakitori Sushi House.

• Visited August 2013