Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown
Ranked #55 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Los Angeles, California
“Slimy”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Some staff were great. Management needs to take a management course. I've seen and heard them talk down to the staff as well as seen an assistant manager walking out of a guests room with her blouse in disarray. She will flirt to try to get your email address though. The room it's self was average, the drunks and few dope heads was not that big of a deal. The main complaint is the management of the place and the unprofessional look and demeanor of the managers.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank whatuwannaknow

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
New Haven, Indiana
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

After leaving Fairbanks we got this place on the surprise deal site. It's nicer than Fairbanks. The area is fine. Rooms are bigger and better. It worked for us. The area is safe and you can walk to places.

• Stayed July 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We were happy to hear that you really liked our large guest rooms and that you were able to walk to restaurants and shops around the area. Most importantly, we are glad that you felt safe at our hotel.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to the area.
Harrison, New York
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The low ratings in TripAdvisor and Google+ are not by accident. I stayed in Extended Stay America Anchorage Midtown for a business trip. The service I received was really terrible and was definitely the worst experience I ever had.
- "Memory-less" operation on reservation. I attempted a reservation change, but they did completely differently from what was confirmed. No one seems to be responsible for their own job. I’d strongly suggest recording any conversations for later claims since they are memory less.
- No blanket on the beds, broken phone, badly-smelled room, etc. etc.
- Too slow internet. (Thank you for reminding me of the modem age.)
- Grab-and-go break fast = glanora bars + Coffee + apples. That’s it. No omelet. No salad. No bread. Especially guests from overseas will be greatly surprised.
- Arrogant and shameless staff. For instance, they ignored my request for a shuttle. No apologies.

Overall people in Anchorage were really nice. I really enjoyed conversations with taxi drivers, shop clerks, tour guides, etc., all of the people --- except for the staff of this hotel. I didn't understand at all why they behave as if they were government officers.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Zolainen
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. We use feedback, such as yours, to continuously make changes to our brand to improve our guests' experiences. We are sorry to read that your room did not meet your expectations and that our staff did not provide you with the superior service that you deserve. We strive to provide all our guests with a comfortable, “home away from home” experience, so we are disappointed that we did not meet this goal during your visit. We will be working with our staff to ensure they are providing quality service to all of our guests and that our rooms are always up to our standards moving forward.

Again, thank you for contacting Extended Stay Midtown Anchorage and if we can be of assistance to you, please contact us directly at ANC@extendedstay.com.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Sin City, Nevada
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I had a hard time trying to decide between 3 or 4 stars...

I have stayed here a couple of times and found the hotel itself is what you'd expect.
Clean, comfortable bed, good TV and channels.
Outstanding wifi though.

These all have small kitchenettes, so the hotel has no breakfast to speak of. Muffins, coffee oatmeal only.

The area is good no security issues the 2 times I stayed here.

The staff was amazing. Friendly and helpful when I asked a ton of questions about the area, and touristy things.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank bu1larry
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Midtown Anchorage and for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I'm glad that you found your guest room to be clean and your bed to be comfortable. As well, it is great to know that you liked the free Wi-Fi we had to offer and the service our staff provided.

Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Midtown Anchorage.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 23 May 2014

An accident of bad scheduling had me staying here last minute since the Hilton prices tripled after May 1. I got in at midnight and the lobby was crawling with odd people. I get it that people can't sleep with the midnight sun, but it's not really a nice place to congregate.
The staff was very slow. After a 4 hours flight and dealing with the forest fire smoke I was not in the mood, but I rode it out. It took 10 minutes to check me in.
The room would make for a good photo, but scrutiny is the key. The curtains did not secure and close all the way which is a must for Anchorage. There was not shampoo. There were odd orange streaks on 3 of 4 towels in the room. I called the front desk...no answer. There were stains all over the coverlet and a fair amount of hair on the sheets when I pulled back the cover. I had to use the one streakless towel to sleep on.
In the morning, which could not come quick enough I called to get a fresh towel. No answer again. I cobbled together goods from my own bag and showered. Having to use my sleeping towel.
On the way out I was curious about the breakfast they had mentioned 3x so I peeked. It was a hostess-type muffin and carafe coffee. You could do better waiting for your tires to get fixed at Goodyear.
I feel only a little bad leaving this review because the people at the hotel did not have any malicious intent....they should just not be in the hospitality business.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank DBuksh
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience. I would like to apologize for your check-in not being completed in a timely manner and for the condition of your room. Please be assured that cleanliness is of the utmost concern to us and feedback such as yours is taken very seriously. We will coach our team to provide better service and level of cleanliness throughout our hotel in the future.

I hope you will give our hotel and company a chance to prove that your unsatisfactory experience was an exception. If I can be of assistance to you, please contact me directly at (907) 646-4208.
Jewett
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Can't say this experience at another Extended Stay was anything special. Odd room layout, especially for the front room which really seemed cramped. Liked that it had a separate bedroom, and the bathroom was also spacious. WiFi was good, furniture a little dated and in need of upgrading. Hotel facility was fairly clean, though the front desk area was very small. This was also where the morning "breakfast" fair was put out (some granola bars and muffins, fruit). Far enough away from downtown that it was pretty quiet, but close enough to everything else that it was worth the few minutes of drive time, but realize that Anchorage isn't all that big of an area either. Loved the staff.

Room Tip: Book off season or before early May for the cheaper rates and prices all around - Alaska is pretty p...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Robert - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our hotel. Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We will use it to make changes to our brand which will help to improve our guest’s experience.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope you will let us host you again in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We stayed 2 nights in downtown extended stay and 2 nights in midtown extended stay in Mar 2014. This was best out of 2 locations. It's little far from downtown but has good restaurants, grocery shops in walking distance. Rooms were very clean, have separate sitting area and a bedroom, good for families. We didn't really care for pick n go breakfast as we're health conscious and like freshly made breakfast. We picked up some food from nearby grocery store and made our own breakfast in room. Kitchenette really came in handy.Staff was very courteous and made us feel welcome. Definitely much better than their downtown location.

Room Tip: Walk to nearby healthy grocery store 'New Sagaya'. They have bakery and freshly made food se...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suMountainLover
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Anchorage - Midtown, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed your clean room and our courteous, welcoming staff during your stay with us. Still, I apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your needs; however, it's great to hear that you were able to take advantage of your fully equipped kitchen. Thank you again for your great feedback. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.