“Don't miss this one!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Moose's Tooth Pub and Pizzeria
Ranked #2 of 867 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Colorado
“Don't miss this one!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I asked around town all day about "the best" spot to eat dinner and we got this name more than any other from locals, so we gave it a try.

Luckily, we hit it before the dinner crowd came en force. They might possibly have the best pizza I have had, anywhere, ever. We sampled "The Backpacker" and the "All-American" on wheat crusts, and they were both just awesome. The pesto sauce they've concocted really is one of the best I've encountered, the crust was done perfectly, the veggies on top were hot but not soft or burned; still very crunchy and full of flavor.

The staff were particularly friendly and checked on us often. My wife sampled their soup and I had a salad as an appetizer, both of which were very good. After eating the pizza, we came away completely stuffed, but wanting more of that delicious entrée.

Prices were a wonderful surprise--about what you'd pay for a similar meal in the Lower 48.

This is one spot you don't want to miss on your vacation. It was particularly good after a long day of hiking. Best to get there before 5pm--the dinner crowd will pack this place and I heard the hostess telling people about hour-long wait times as we left.

• Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas
“Great Beer Selection and Pizza!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I recently visited Moose's Tooth on a fishing trip to AK. My second time going here. Love the selection of beers and pizza options. Nice atmosphere and I think definitely worth checking out if you visit Anchorage.

• Visited September 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Go where the locals go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were able to walk here from our hotel and when we came around the corner, we thought "Oh no!" The parking lot was full and there were about 30+ people sitting outside waiting for their tables. When we got our buzzer, the wait was 80 minutes! Luckily, we found two seats at the bar (I highly recommend this!) next to three local guys who explained what a 'growler' was - a half gallon of beer to go! They had all brought an empty one in and were planning on leaving with them full! We tried two appetizer's at the bartender's suggestion and could have had six or seven pizzas but narrowed it down to a chicken one without red sauce. It was amazing!! There are about 50 beers on draft, including many of their own beers. I'd go back in a heartbeat and if they open one in Chicago, I'll try to get a job there so I can have a different pizza every day of the month!

Visited August 2013
Anchorage, AK
“Always great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Never a miss on this one. They put out an excellent product. Place is always packed. Excellent salads soup and of course pizza.

• Visited August 2013
Houston, Texas
“Really original and tasty pizzas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Loved this place! Varied menu of pizzas and other food items, we all enjoyed pizzas ranging from Thai to chicken and vegetarian. Good value for the large portions too!

• Visited August 2013