“Succulent Halibut”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sacks Cafe

Sacks Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Sacks Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 870 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Cross street: Between 3rd & 4th
Description: Downtown award-winning restaurant specializing in American cuisine with a modern approach. We offer fresh Alaskan seafood whenever possible, including Halibut Cove oysters and Copper River salmon, and serve delicious Matanuska Valley produce when in season. Signature dishes include our fresh Alaskan soy-maple glazed salmon served with sautéed Asian vegetables, wasabi aioli and basmati rice. Our Crab Cakes Benedict is a favorite among locals. Try our Chocolate Pot de Creme or Russian Cream for dessert.
San Francisco, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Succulent Halibut”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

One of my favorite places in downtown Anchorage.

Recommended dishes:
- 4 Stars: Fresh Alaska halibut, pan seared, coated with pesto and pistachio, purple yam, carrots, tomatoes, spicy marinara sauce: I love the succulent texture of the fish filet. It is prefectly prepared, not a bit overcooked.

- 4 Stars: Warm apple spiced cake with caramel: Moist cake, delicious flavor, not too sweet (If you check-in using Yelp, you'll get a dessert for free!)

• Visited July 2014

Redmond, Washington
“Lovely evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

We enjoyed our dinner at the Sacks Cafe. Lovely restaurant with good food. Great service. Nice downtown location.

Hudson, Ohio
“Greeting was rude and restaurant was very loud”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I made reservations here after it was recommended by the Hilton Hotel. We arrived 5 minutes early and was offered a bar high top. I asked for a table in the dining area and was treated very rudely. They punished us by making us wait 30 minutes past our reservation for a table. We were seated about three feet away from a table of ten people. They were so loud even the server could not take our order without leaning down and getting near us. We asked if there was a quieter place and were told no. She said the big table was a bday party. It got louder. We had dinner and the food was above average. Based on the price, location, noise level and rudeness upon arrival we would not return.

1 Thank Ray D
california
“A Gem in a Beautiful City”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Discovered this restaurant while wandering around looking for an early (10 a.m.) breakfast spot on a Saturday morning. Found the food so wonderful, we made a reservation for dinner on our return trip. Creative menu, well-executed preparation, great wine list, and fabulous service! Enjoyed the art work, too. Perfect!!

Vancouver, Canada
“Sacks is nice but expensive- as is the norm for Anchorage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in Anchorage in May 2014 for a few days as part of my travels. Anchorage is expensive and in the downtown core I find it difficult to find nice places to eat - I am however particular about what I eat and I expect quality for the price I pay for my food. I ate at Sacks for dinner twice during my stay. I had a mixed green salad with poached pears, candied nuts, blue cheese and added grilled chicken. It was very good but a bit expensive. I cannot comment on the rest of the menu but if I return to Anchorage I would eat at Sacks again - just know it will cost a bit more to eat while visiting here.

Visited May 2014