“Yummiest salad dressing ever”
Review of Sweet Basil Cafe

Sweet Basil Cafe
Ranked #434 of 891 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$7 - US$10
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My friend from work and I go here regularly. The owner calls us the "bruschetta girls" because we always eat the 1/2 bruschetta salad and a cup of soup. It's just so good that it's hard to choose anything else. However, my husband swears by the "damn good sandwich" and I'll vouch for it, too. It's huge and tastes delicious. The desserts at Sweet Basil are fabulous. Eat lunch here. You won't be sorry.

1  Thank Suzanne T

Reviewed 26 April 2013 via mobile

I sat and waited to have my order take. After 30 minutes I finally walked out after the server began to take the orders of three other patrons who sat down after me. Bad service. Would never return.

1  Thank FlaChris83
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Sweet Basil Cafe is nice local cafe that serves a bunch of wraps, salads, and enticing desserts. The portions are gigantic and come with a side pasta salad that is pretty good. I wouldn't say the food was particularly flavorful -- and the wrap tasted more like a flaky pastry -- but it made for an affordable local lunch. I added a chocolate chip cookie as well that was a bit dry but there were a bunch of other options in a refrigerated case that may have been fresher (the cookie was just in a jar). All-in-all, was an okay local lunch.

1  Thank alaskamossman
Reviewed 29 July 2012

This little easy-to-miss location on Northern Lights Blvd has exceptionally good, innovative, fresh food and kick*** desserts that rival any of the official bakeries in town. Food servers are consistely good. The only odd thing is the sourpuss guy who I think is also the owner. At any rate he is always there behind the counter and can barely muster up any show of being happy to see customers in the place. He seems exhausted. All the time. But ignoring that (you have to pay for your meals at the counter, so there's little chance of avoiding him), the place is great. Check out the chocolate mousse to go - enough for two, and the fresh fruit laden desserts. So delish.

2  Thank CrowdAvoidance
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Came here for lunch on a weekday. The tables fill up fast. The sandwiches are very large portioned and delish. I'd say the service was a little shorthanded but the food was great and I will be back.