“Air conditioned, classic, faded”

The Hotel Captain Cook
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hotel Captain Cook is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 892 Restaurants in Anchorage
Reviewed 7 June 2014

The hotel is an Alaskan landmark since the former governor built it. They have added air conditioning - strange to think of that, but with global warming. Get a junior suite, its worth it having the extra room. The food is passable. Service is very good. One of the few places to stay in Anchorage

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The Whale's Tale Wine Bar has great food. I had the Kobe Sliders. Very Yummy. Their fries are very good too. I bought a $2 wine card. THought I would get more wine than I did and I was not drinking the expensive stuff. Not a good deal money wise but got to try 5 different wines. Atmosphere is nice and they have live entertainment. We left before it started. Service was top notch.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Crows Nest restaurant, and the Whales Tail are located in this hotel. Liked the restaurants. No dislikes. They have some really nice shops in the little mall inside there. The view is great from the Crows Nest.try the Cafe Dialo.outta this world. The hotel is located downtown Anchorage. With-in walking distance of a lot of different things to see for the travelers. The only thing about the location of this hotel is downtown Anchorage can get a little chilly at night if it's windy. Be sure to bring a coat. This is Alaska.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

One representative gave my family an upgrade because we are both Army and Airforce (18years) out of appreciation. When we checked in all hell broke out because she did that for us, front desk clerk (Michael) was very rude, unprofessional, it was embarassing! He told us he would let it go this one time (like we authorized ourselves) that it won't happen again. Not a kid-friendly hotel, also recieved bad service from Fletchers. They could not get a simple burger correct it was brought back several times and when asked to speak to a manager he never came over! I was intrigued about the Captain Cook Hotel but not anymore! My first experience of this hotel was not an impressive one. But the rooms are very nice!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

Good service, great food. Very convenient; we would definitely eat here again if in the area. Breakfast wasn't quite as great, but still worthwhile.