“Great Hotel, Great Value, Great Location, Great Service, What more can you say?”

Anchorage Downtown Hotel
Ranked #59 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Kasilof, Alaska
Reviewed 13 June 2010

I own a lodge/bed and breakfast on the Kenai Peninsula and had traveled up to Anchorage to pick up an employee who was flying in. I was just "looking for a place to sleep" but I was pleasantly surprised with the Anchorage Downtown Hotel. I was impressed to the point that I picked up some of their brochures to display at my lodge for my guests who are traveling back to Anchorage. I'm quite picky about businesses I recommend to my guests. It has to be the best! The new owners are doing a wonderful job and have a great place! Will definately recommend!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
AnchorageHotel, Owner at Anchorage Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2010
Thank you for all the kind words, We really appreciate you taking the time to refer business to us here in Anchorage, Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need more brochures. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 7 June 2010

Booked this hotel due to positive reviews. Arrived with Memorial day, and received a very small room with no fridge and Magnetron. Though many other rooms seems empty and are roomier, they would not let us change the rooms.The first surprise was that we had rooms on the third floor but there was no elevator. Luckily a helpfull staff carried our luggage. The I complained that there was no fridge and again the staff brought one from another room. The room became very cramped, but we were not allowed to change to other rooms.As those days there was plenty of sun, and there was no airco, our sleep was not too comfortable in the hot room.Next day we had an informal breakfast in the office. Returning in the afternoon to our astonishment the rooms were not cleaned and the office was closed. As we had to leave very early for our flights we had no breakfast but the worst was we had to carry our luggage ourself down. Conclusion- when booking make sure you have good rooms with windows having fresh air and not opening to the corridor, lack of airco can lead to warm nights and the lack of an elevator can give problems. On the positive side the rooms had a new paint but furniture of last century and the staff is very helpfull and friendly. Pricewise there are better opportunities with decent hotels.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jan_uit_Amsterdam
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, I first wanted to personally thank you for the kind comments in regards to our staff. I am sorry we did not have an alternative room for you that may have better suited your party. We were sold out over the Memorial Day holiday, On occasion a "Do Not Disturb" sign will be left on the door from the night before, In the past the Housekeepers would skip over this room. We now have a policy to prevent this from happening in the future. Please feel free to contact me direct if there is anything further I can do.

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 26 April 2010

I stayed at the Anchorage Downtown Hotel for a week and felt at home the entire time. The staff members were very accomodating and friendly. I was very impressed with the remodel as I had stayed here with a friend back in 2008. The hotel has made major improvements in its appearance. More importantly, the hotel was actually clean and cozy as opposed to my last experience staying there. I will be back at the end of May for another stay and I am definitely booking my room here!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed 23 April 2010

My wife and I Live in Las Vegas but Travel to Alaska every year to visit our family. We have stayed at several other hotels in Anchorage but never at the Anchorage Downtown Hotel. We were pleasantly surprised at the way this hotel has been remodeled and upgraded, The front desk was very helpful both on the phone and in person. We have already made reservations for our trip in 2011!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Big Lake, Alaska
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I've stayed at the Anchorage Downtown Hotel many times as I work just a block away but live over an hour away. When the weather gets bad, I stay in town. While the location has always been a plus, with the prior management the rooms had gotten a bit run down. The new owners have remodeled extensively and have much higher standards on cleanliness and comfort. I would now put ADH in the same category as a higher end Marriott for comfort, cleanliness, convenience, and staff. Only thing different is it is much more affordable!! I've never seen so many pillows on a hotel bed before. Feels like home.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
Rehoboth MA USA
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We reserved by looking at reviews - some good some not so. We found a reasonable cost place to sleep and bathe close to the center of town. Breakfast was as expected, prepackaged continental with coffee / tea. Spending time in the room was not our idea of seeing Anchorage. It was our adiquate home away from home. The desk was helpfull and at times the owner. We walked everywhere in he city we wanted to go.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
hampshire, uk
Reviewed 21 August 2009

to be avoided at all costs. Rooms dark and dismal, very old and dusty , ours had no window. No breakfast included - only coffee (without milk) and horrible sickly sticky rolls to be taken up to room. After basic cleaning place stank of bleach! horrible hotel!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank harley003
AnchorageHotel, New Owner at Anchorage Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 22 March 2010
As of February 2010 The Anchorage Downtown hotel Is under new ownership. With all guest Rooms and Corridors Newly renovated. See our new Pictures