“Cute spot!”

Price range: US$8 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Description: A wonderful restaurant in downtown Anchorage, Alaska serving creative breakfast and lunch dishes to locals and tourist alike. Make sure to check out our extensive beer and wine list.
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

This place makes me excited! My mom and I strolled in on Sunday to see what it was all about. We came after 3pm while they were offering a light fare menu. We decided on salads and were very impressed by the fresh ingredients and obviously house made sauces. You could smell the bacon being cooked for my salad as we waited. Great service, unique setting, good vibes.. We will be back to see what kind of gifts the full menu holds.

1  Thank HelloAlaska

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Invited by a friend to try something new, I found the Red Chair Cafe delightful. The space is attractive, with tables spaced well enough to allow conversation. The servers all appeared to enjoy their work, were attentive and informative. Although my lunch was not expensive, it was carefully prepared and plated attractively, and all ingredients were high quality (loved the citrus vinaigrette in particular). We arrived at 11:40 and were offered a choice of the breakfast or lunch menus, which was thoughtful. The website is very well designed and helpful, especially the quirky hand notated map showing parking in the area. Highly recommended!

1  Thank AKTOM623
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on July 4th 2014, service was great and eggs beni was very tasty indeed. Two thumbs up for both the food quality and service.

1  Thank Ron C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently my husband and I visited this out of the way café, that was totally unexpected in the "large" city of Anchorage. Seating was well spaced, so you did not feel as you were "sitting on" your neighbor. Service was prompt and attentive. The menu featured eclectic selections of both breakfast and lunch faire. My husband had the "Hair of the Dog" Biscuits and Gravy, which were not your usually heavy, greasy styled gravy. I had the Fire Roasted poblano pepper breakfast which was delectable. Overall this is an establishment that is well worth the effort to locate and partake of both the atmosphere and food.

2  Thank Kelly T
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Sunday breakfast with 92 year old mother, my life partner Maurine and myself. Table base was not even with floor so all table drinks spilled each time I took feet off table base. First serving was two plates one of which was not ours. Next delivery - mom's bacon and one egg - no toast, it came later. Maurine's crusted french toast - scrambled eggs came 10 minutes later; barely warm. Coffee refills and hot water for tea had to be requested. Food service took more than 30 minutes.

1  Thank Donald H