“Outstanding addition to an already strong Anchorage restaurant scene”

Haute Quarter Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Haute Quarter Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 891 Restaurants in Anchorage
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I finally found the opportunity to try Haute Quarter Grill's new location in Anchorage last night. While everything was good, what really impressed most was the list of wines by the glass. Had never seen Caymus offered by the glass, the same with Walla Walla's excellent Basel Cellars. Tried both and both tasted as if they had been opened just the right amount of time to open up fully but not too much so. The food was excellent and even though a busy night in the restaurant, service was timed perfectly (from a 6:15 reservation time), to finish in time for the 8p rising curtain at the PAC. The challenge is that Anchorage already has a number of excellent downtown (and outside of downtown restaurants). But I will definitely be adding this to the rotation.

1  Thank Brad K

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I've heard so many great things about this place when they were in ER. We live in the Valley & have driven by many times on our commute, so I was excited to go when my better-half & I finally went to their new location in Anchorage on a Saturday. We were downtown anyways to see a show & needed to get the 6th stamp on our "Downtown Dining" card. We first went to "F-Street" for a drink cuz I thought HQ opened @ 4:00, but discovered it's actually 4:30. It was good we could seat ourselves at a high-top in the bar & check out their "happy hour" menu. I was really surprised to discover that for only $6 you can get a beer & a shot! (that's for BOTH) They don't serve Miller, so I had to settle for Bud Light & Jim Beam, but hey, the Jim makes up for the Bud! Had that & order the Gnocchi cuz never had it before. My significant J, wasn't in the mood for any of the many happy-hour offerings, so he ordered the halibut nuggets from the regular menu. My gnocchi came on a full-size plate (for only $6) ... great texture but lacked salt & pepper,. It's not on the table & I had to request from our server. She brought it when she brought out J's Halibut "Chunks" ($17.95 for 5 "chunks"). While perfectly cooked & very tasty, they were totally overpriced!!! While I waited for the S & P, my sauce had congealed a bit but I was still happy with the dish. ALL OF THE FOOD WAS DELICIOUS! Our server (did not get her name) was really great to start with, but as I came back to our table after using the restroom, I was UNFORTUNATE enough to overhear 4 staff members @ the register talking about how they all hate people who need the stamp or have coupons because they're terrible tippers!!!!! There was also talk of disliking 2-tops in the bar because they don't tip well either, etc. .... Well, too bad for them, cuz we are USUALLY great tippers! Though our server was one of the four, we still tipped her... It was all I could do not to open my big mouth & tell those snotty b***s off, but I resisted. I did tip & included a note on the back of the reciept about server "ettquette" & that they all should take more care in not letting the customers hear their bashing. We checked out the full menu when we first got there & thought that it would probably be a nice place for a special occasion, but after the disrespect I experienced we have decided it's not worth it... we'll go back to Sullivan's

1  Thank AngieInAK
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This is a locally owned and run restaurant serving the best of Alaskan faire. The staff is well trained and enjoys serving their guests. The food is fresh and well prepared.

If your in Anchorage this is a must dine.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Last time I visited Haute Quarter was about a year ago but I looking forward to visiting their new location in Anchorage since they have moved.
Haute Quarter Grill
525 W 4th Ave
Anchorage, AK 99501 907-622-4745 (GRIL)
At the Eagle River location the food was excellent but a little pricey and the restaurant was rather noisy and hard to have a conversation. I'm looking forward to checking out the new location in Anchorage soon.

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My wife and I have been enjoying the customer service and food at Table 6, the casual dining restaurant owned by the same owners of Haute Quarter. We had never tried Haute Quarter when it was located in Eagle River. I would definately recommend this restaurant to anyone wanting a fine dining experience in downtown Anchorage. My wife and I sat in the bar, which has full menu service, ordered drinks, appetizers and dinner. The waitress was very attentive and friendly, she gave us just the right percentage of attention and alone time. The food was incredible! I had the fillet mignon special, I ordered it rare, it came out as ordered and was probably one of the best steaks I've had in Anchorage. You could cut it with a fork. If you're looking for something new in Anchorage dining try Haute Quarter - you will not be dis appointed. Rated 5 out of 5.

1  Thank david m