“Excellent”

Kincaid Grill and Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Kincaid Grill and Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 880 Restaurants in Anchorage
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Raspberry Road
Transit: Located right next to the Raspberry and Jewel Lake People mover station.
Description: At Kincaid Grill, you will find the finest in food preparation and uncompromising service. Kincaid Grill is located in a quiet West Anchorage neighborhood which lends itself to its unique sense of personal touches. Kincaid Grill is well known for being one of the finest restaurants in the Anchorage area for its quality preparation of what we call Alaskan Regional cuisine. Combining simple flavors and concentrating on the ingredients at hand, we strive for the ultimate dining experience.
Chandler, Arizona
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to Kincaid ' s for dinner last night and it was an excellent dining experience. We had the lamb lollypops, beet&goat cheese salad, seafood fusion soup, prosciutto wrapped filet, king prawn, white cheddar grits, wild mushrooms and andouille sausage and for dessert the apple crisp. The food was outstanding as was the wait staff. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone looking for a great meal in subdued location.

2 Thank Travelcrazey

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great food and service”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first meal in Alaska and we were not disappointed. Once you get past it's location, the inside is welcoming and the food great. We had halibut and was the best we had the whole two weeks we were in Alaska/northwest Pacific. Service was also great. Desert was great too.
The staff was also very accommodating. We were a group of 9. Two of us flying from Seattle arrived on time, but the rest of the party was arriving from Europe and due to a delayed flight missed their connection and arrived 2 hours late for dinner. But this was not a problem for the staff who gave us a table for 2 and then prepared a new table when the rest if the group finally arrived.
Booked it based on previous Tripadvisor reviews and definitely agree with the positive ones, which I don't always do!

Visited June 2014
3 Thank Frederic L
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Great find in Anchorage”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

You never know what you'll find in a strip shopping area, but this was a jewel. Excellent food and service, though pricey. Nice ambience with a small dining area. This is not a place for children, so have a date night and leave the kids at home. My husband had the salmon which is fitting in Alaska. I had halibut which was delicious. Pass on the creme brûlée it wasn't anything special.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank MaryFLincoln
Battle Creek, Michigan
“Why?”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Why is this restaurant so highly rated? I was disappointed on all fronts.

First, I booked a table online requesting 5:30. I was offered 5:15 or 5:45. When I arrived at 5:45 there were only 2 couples in the whole restaurant. So why was I denied 5:30?!

Next, despite there being about 15 empty tables in the main room (and about 10 when I left at 7:15 ish) I was seated in the back room that had tables set for a party of 8 and another of 10. I was apprehensive because I thought it would be noisy - but I figured they would not have seated me here unless the parties were coming in later. Wrong on the later, right on the noisy and chaotic. Each of our tables had a different server, so I still can't imagine why they seated me there.

I never saw my server other than to take my order, pour my first glass of wine from the half bottle, deliver my food, and - 5 minutes later - return to ask how my meal was. A separate server offered bread once from a bread basket. The water guy did a great job replenishing.

My scallops were more like ahi tuna, seared on the outside and raw on the inside. When the waitress finally reappeared to ask how they were I asked for them to be cooked through. A man in a tie (manager?) re-delivered my plate and disappeared without a word. No one came back to check on how my meal was, so I finally ate the scallops which were still translucent inside. I know it is easy to overcook scallops, but if you can't get them right then take them off your menu. The accompanying sauce was quite delicious and helps me to see why others might have enjoyed their meals.

Also, location and ambiance do matter because they help justify the high prices of a fine dining experience. Just because this is in a strip mall doesn't mean it has to lack ambiance. But lack ambiance it does. The entire front was windows looking out on the parking lot of the strip mall. For goodness sakes, put up some drywall or fabrics to help make this look more like a restaurant and less like a Dollar Store.

Visited June 2014
7 Thank Isabella-McKania
Potomac, Maryland
“Foodie from DC loves the food and the portions”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I have always loved fine dining and being from DC there is no shortage of fine restaurants, but they usually come with pricy tag and tiny portions. Here you get all the ingredients of exquisite food preparation and huge portions. I had the best halibut I have ever eaten along with a fabulous salad and desert. Our dining companions agreed this is one of the best places ever!

• Visited May 2014