“Best Theatre in Anchorage”

Cyrano's Theatre Company
Ranked #76 of 220 things to do in Anchorage
Guildford, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Best Theatre in Anchorage”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

If you are in Anchorage and you want to see a show, go here first. The Performing Arts Center has lots of splashy offerings, but Cyrano's offers a variety of strong plays with great acting. The atmosphere of this little theatre is also very unique and inviting. The things they do to transform it from play to play are very inventive and often startling. I am sure the next time I am in Anchorage I will hop over to Cyrano's for yet another wonderful show.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Erick H

Eagle River, Alaska
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 84 helpful votes
“"Come to Me Leopards" was amazing”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Fantastic, small theatre with a variety of plays that always delight. I just watched the play "Come to me Leopards" and laughed, cringed, teared up and was generally swept into the play. I thought about it for days (still do) and was so impressed that I could be transported into the story within 5 minutes.
I went to the play with 2 friends, not having any idea about the story line, and left with plans to train for a half marathon with the female friend who took me to the play. My husband laughed when I told him I was shopping online for a leopard sports bra.
I don't want to spoil the surprise by explaining. Do yourself a favor and go to Cyrano's. Leave time to enjoy a glass of wine before (or during) the play, and enjoy a nicely wrapped platter of cheese, crackers and fruit while sitting in the lounge area on an antique couch. What a treat.

Visited November 2013
Anchorage, Alaska
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 60 helpful votes
“Best Community Theater”
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Attended Eleemosynary and Bruckner's Last Finale. By far the best theater, community or professional, we have seen in Anchorage. Small, intimate, affordable. They also take chances by showing pieces which are edgy and interesting, and haven't been done a thousand times.

Visited August 2013
Alaska
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great Little Theater”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

This local theater company it's n some great shows. Check out what is playing and go. Price is very reasonable.

Visited March 2013
Fairbanks, AK
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Cozy and fun”
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I'll admit up front that I'm a fan of Cyrano's. It is a tiny live theater in the heart of downtown Anchorage, and just a $5 or so taxi ride from my favorite B&B if I don't want to invest the time and trouble of searching for parking on the street. Once there, one finds a comfortable waiting area with nice seats and friendly people for conversation. The theater offers limited food such as salads, sandwiches, and snacks along with beer and wine while you wait for the doors to open.

Surprisingly, you are welcome to carry your purchase inside to watch the play. There are no assigned seats, but one does need a reservation. Cyrano's is a popular place for those of us who have found it. It is a regular stop when I visit Anchorage. Tickets for the plays are inexpensive as are the food and drinks. Cyrano's offers high quality entertainment for an excellent price.

We saw the play "Red", a one act play with only two performers. The emotions of the characters are intense and the feelings were very well conveyed by the actors. I won't review the play other than to say it was well worth our time. We left with things to discuss, always a welcome feeling after good dramatic presentations.

I really enjoy my visits to Cyrano's. They present a new play on average once a month so there is always something fresh for visitors. If you live in the area, I recommend you buy a season pass.

Highly recommended.