“Play comes to life”

Cyrano's Theatre Company
Ranked #79 of 229 things to do in Anchorage
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I was impressed with this place, it's small and cozy, don't have to worry that you won't see or hear what's going on. They used the space amazingly well. Great food as well.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Curanos is a gem. What they do with the samll place is amazing. All the 5 times I attended I was impressed with the play and the actors.
Their food selection is up to my picky (nutricious- conscous) taste.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

If you are in Anchorage and you want to see a show, go here first. The Performing Arts Center has lots of splashy offerings, but Cyrano's offers a variety of strong plays with great acting. The atmosphere of this little theatre is also very unique and inviting. The things they do to transform it from play to play are very inventive and often startling. I am sure the next time I am in Anchorage I will hop over to Cyrano's for yet another wonderful show.

2  Thank Erick H
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Fantastic, small theatre with a variety of plays that always delight. I just watched the play "Come to me Leopards" and laughed, cringed, teared up and was generally swept into the play. I thought about it for days (still do) and was so impressed that I could be transported into the story within 5 minutes.
I went to the play with 2 friends, not having any idea about the story line, and left with plans to train for a half marathon with the female friend who took me to the play. My husband laughed when I told him I was shopping online for a leopard sports bra.
I don't want to spoil the surprise by explaining. Do yourself a favor and go to Cyrano's. Leave time to enjoy a glass of wine before (or during) the play, and enjoy a nicely wrapped platter of cheese, crackers and fruit while sitting in the lounge area on an antique couch. What a treat.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Attended Eleemosynary and Bruckner's Last Finale. By far the best theater, community or professional, we have seen in Anchorage. Small, intimate, affordable. They also take chances by showing pieces which are edgy and interesting, and haven't been done a thousand times.