The Hotel Captain Cook
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$90
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$204
US$189
EmbassySuites.com
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$134
US$88
US$78
QualityInn
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$111
BestWestern.com
US$280
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
US$78
1,939 results
All reviewsthe crow's nestprincess cruisecaptain's deckwhale's tailathletic clubdowntown anchoragejunior suiteland tourcorner roomnice hoteltop floorluxury hotelsnow city caferestaurants and shopscruise linebit datedroom was spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed here on a recent trip, and fortunately I wasn't paying the bill, so I can't comment on the overall value of the hotel for the price. What I can tell you is that the hotel is beautiful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, and the staff is exceptional. The location is very good for doing anything you'd like in downtown Anchorage. The shops in the lobby area have just about anything you could want as a souvenir. I want to return to Anchorage soon, and would definitely consider this hotel again.

Room Tip: I think the views from Towers 1 and 2 are the best.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Beth1874
Hunter E, Front Desk Manager at The Hotel Captain Cook, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Beth1874,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Captain Cook. We appreciate your great review. It's always so nice to see you enjoyed everything about the Hotel and that our staff was helpful. We train to exceed our guests expectations and we look forward to continuing to do so. We'll see you again!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

One representative gave my family an upgrade because we are both Army and Airforce (18years) out of appreciation. When we checked in all hell broke out because she did that for us, front desk clerk (Michael) was very rude, unprofessional, it was embarassing! He told us he would let it go this one time (like we authorized ourselves) that it won't happen again. Not a kid-friendly hotel, also recieved bad service from Fletchers. They could not get a simple burger correct it was brought back several times and when asked to speak to a manager he never came over! I was intrigued about the Captain Cook Hotel but not anymore! My first experience of this hotel was not an impressive one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Nicole0202
Hunter E, Front Desk Manager at The Hotel Captain Cook, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Nicole0202,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Captain Cook. I apologize you didn't enjoy your stay. We offer complimentary upgrades based on availability and for special circumstances. I provided training to Michael and also the lady who provided the upgrade. We want to make sure our guests never perceive us as rude because that isn't what were here for. We're here to help make your stay and enjoyable as possible. We can all learn from this and I look forward to exceeding you expectations during your next stay. I can be reached either by phone 1.907.343.2249 or by email guestservices@captaincook.com. Thank you and I hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We wanted a weekend get away in Anchorage and enjoy the city experience. The Captain Cook welcomed us at the door, parked our vehicle and took good care of us all weekend. The staff was very pleasant at all times, the rooms were clean and well kept. The food was very good as well! We certainly will do this again with The Captain Cook!!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert S
Hunter E, Front Desk Manager at The Hotel Captain Cook, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Robert S,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Captain Cook. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor community. Exceeding our guests expectations in all aspects of service and courtesy is our goal. We look forward to sharing another great weekend with you in the future. Take care!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I am a flight attendant and I stay everywhere. The hotel captain cook is definitely one of my all time favorites. The rooms are clean and I like the decor. The staff is nice, the wifi works, the location is great, the gym is awesome, and the beds and pillows are the best. If you plan on staying downtown anchorage I definitely recommend the hotel captain cook!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Monsterbearman
Hunter E, Front Desk Manager at The Hotel Captain Cook, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear Monsterbearman,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Captain Cook. We appreciate your wonderful review and we're pleased to see you enjoyed your stay with us. Being such an experienced traveler you know Hotels inside and out. It's so rewarding to hear such good things from someone who sees so many sites and places around the country. We challenge ourselves daily to never be content with our product and continually provide training to all staff and update the Hotel with capital projects to ensure we are current. We look forward to seeing you next time around and stop in and find me, I'd love to say Hi!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My stay was lovely in every way - room, service (by everyone!) but particularly the "Healthy Heart" lunch at Fletchers....salmon, asparagus, and tomatoes...it was so tasty I ordered it the three days I was there.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank sawinsor
Hunter E, Front Desk Manager at The Hotel Captain Cook, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear sawinsor,

Thank you for staying at The Hotel Captain Cook. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with our TripAdvisor community. It's always so nice to see you enjoyed the time you spent with us. We are really pushing our Heart Healthy choices and I'm happy to see you loved the salmon, asparagus, and tomatoes dish. Thank you for the great comments about the staff and we can't wait to see you again!