“Nice hotel for romantic getaway”

The Hotel Captain Cook
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Mosta, Malta
“Nice hotel for romantic getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. It was our last hotel stop before getting our flight back home and was booked through Princess. We had no complaints whatsoever. Room was great, service was good and staff was friendly. We didn't have food included however we had dinner at Fletchers' once and they had good food and service.

Overall it was a good hotel and I would recommend it for a nice romantic getaway.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Finnish first
Douglas, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2010

I've stayed here several times as well as the Millennium. I loved the Cook as there are several restaurants and shops in the facility. The site was clean, wonderful service and location.

Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
Millsboro, Delaware
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

No 'leisure' rooms for tour to 'hold over'
Saw the wonderful GOv. Palin though! LOL.

Stayed August 2007
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2010

I spent three nights in Tower C, and must say I was uncomfortable. This tower is far from the lobby, and the walk to the lobby was a little frightening when a person shambled in an unlocked door and asked for money. I said I had none and kept going. There are several entrances to the hotel, and only the one at the lobby had security, and this one not in the early morning hours.

I hope there is more security during the summer months.

The hallway carpeting was badly stained, and there were a couple of stain marks on the carpeting in my room.

My room was very, very clean - except for the stains on the carpet. The bedding was nice, and I slept well. There were plenty of towels, although no towel bars. How was I to comply with the request to go green by hanging my towels if I didn't want them changed if there was nowhere to hang towels?

I will say that the staff of the hotel is wonderful. Everyone was very kind, very helpful, and eager to help however they could. I do understand that the rooms are being remodeled, and I had an old room.

I don't think the walls are very thick, either. There was somebody snoring like crazy in the room next to mine the last night, and that was impossible! So impossible that I checked out very early.

I would recommend the hotel, but not the tower where I stayed. The view was incredible, though.

Because of the need to remodel the tower, I question the four stars.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank jimzmum
Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2010

Both my husband and I have lived in Alaska for 30 years plus. He travels often on business trips and have stayed in many different hotels. Captian Cook is still one of our favorite places to stay. The hotel is classic, the location is superb. What makes the Cook a step above is the amenties in the room and the service.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Barnesville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2010

The hotel was great. Good food, beautiful views and within walking distance of shops and cafe's. Room was very clean but you need to open the window to move the air. The room can become warn. We opened the door to the hall to ventilate the room and bring in cooler air.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
JOPLIN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2009

This hotel in downtown Anchorage provided a comfortable and enjoyable home away from home; rooms were very well appointed, clean, comfortable and great views of the city

Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple