As part of a Holland America cruise tour package, my daughter and I were booked into the Westmark Anchorage. The lobby and restaurant held such promise as we entered the property. But as we traveled down the hall to our room, you can tell this hotel has had a cheap carpet install over the last 5 years. The property owner has put minimal money into cheap carpeting. It has 20 year old bedspreads and the foam pillows felt just as old. No options for feather pillows (called the front desk). There were cigarette burns in the foam blankets (who uses these anymore). Everything else was at least 20 years old (furniture, re-done bathroom). The towels were some of the lowest quality that I have ever had in a hotel room. There was so much furniture in the room it was hard to maneuver our luggage around the room. The furniture was definitely old with stains and finish coming off of it. The room seemed clean but because of the age of everything, you couldn't help to feel it was dirty and run down. The room was facing the city and was noisy. We could hear young adults partying until 2am and then the garbage trucks at 5am. I have stayed next to airports with less noise than this property. The manager needs to go down to Fairbanks and take a look at the Westmark property down there to see how to re-do his rooms right! I would advise that Holland America boycott this hotel until they upgrade the rooms. You are paying top dollar and there are so many more options convenient to downtown Anchorage!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly located in the heart of downtown Anchorage, the Westmark Anchorage Hotel is a perfect blend of sophistication and convenience. Take in the awe-inspiring views of the surrounding Chugach Mountains and Cook Inlet from the private balconies that adjoin every guest room. Check your e-mail on our complimentary high-speed internet station or simply relax in the always popular Solstice Bar & Grill. Adjacent to the Egan Center and Performing Arts Center and blocks away from the 5th Avenue Mall, the Westmark Anchorage is the perfect hotel choice for downtown accessibility. With a restaurant, lounge and over-sized guestrooms, the Westmark Anchorage offers supreme comfort in Alaska's largest city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Westmark Anchorage reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westmark Anchorage Hotel Anchorage
- Westmark Hotel Anchorage
- Anchorage Westmark Hotel
- Westmark Anchorage Alaska