Westmark Anchorage
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
  • Restaurant
The Voyager Inn(Anchorage)
  • Spa
Historic Anchorage Hotel(Anchorage)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanheart of downtowncentral locationbit datedfront desk stafffew blocksfitness centersolsticebalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We enjoyed our stay when we came through Anchorage. Our room was on the 10th floor and even though the furnishings were a little out dated the service, and the wait staff was wonderful. When I see reviews of how to upgrade to somewhere else or rude staff it makes me cringe. The room was clean and all the amenities were great. Right in the heart of downtown.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dave92024
Kevin B, General Manager at Westmark Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Dave 92024

Great to hear from an experienced traveler such as yourself, we are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, as you indicated we are not the newest or the most modern but we do strive to make our Guests happy and it is always nice when we hear from them that we have, hope you had a great trip to Alaska and we would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a Holland America cruisetour, and we were very disappointed. The rooms are very dated, it appears that they were decorated in the 1970s and never updated since. Our room was also very noisy, we were on the 11th floor, but we could hear every noise from the street below. The bed was very uncomfortable, and the pillows unusable. If you are on a cruisetour, pay the extra fee to stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Kevin B, General Manager at Westmark Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Katie P

I am so sorry your stay here at our Hotel was not up to your expectations, I am surprized to get this letter so many months after your Cruise Tour back in the summer but that does not take away from the poor experience you had with us, unfortunatly it can get a little noisy downtown during the Summer and like many downtown area's the advantage of being right in the middle of everything is that it does sometimes come with a little noise!. Most times we get very good comments on how comfortable our beds and pillows are so not sure what happened in the room you stayed in, I will attempt to try and find out.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My wife and I spent a very happy 2 weeks at the Westmark; it felt like a home away from home at a reasonable rate. The service was friendly and excellent, both in the lobby and in regards to room service. The room was excellent, with the bed being very large. The hotel facilities were good: exercise room, ATM, a restaurant, free WiFi & free pc's in the lobby. Parking was good (but a little pricey at $12 a day?). Anyway, the location allows for easy access by foot to all central Anchorage locations. Negatives were: a noisy icemaker in the hall, a very slight odor in the room, and the lack of a fridge and a microwave unless requested (even then they aren't guaranteed). We did request both and received both within 1/2 an hour of arriving. These minor issues were pretty insignificant, and we would certainly stay at the Westmark again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MichaelFerri

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your kind words regarding our Hotel and your stay, it was a pleasure to have you stay with us, I do understand your concern regarding our parking charge but we are the lowest rate of all the major Hotels in the downtown area with many charging in excess of $20.00. We hope you will visit the Anchorage area angain in the near future and let us provide your accomodation needs.

General Manager.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Upon check-in the bell hop came out for our bags right away and was very friendly & helpful. The hotel was very quiet yet we stood at front desk for several minutes while two employes carried on personal conversation, ignoring us. Then clerk looked at me and snapped 'credit card and ID.' No welcome, nothing. Next she again snapped, "Do you have a vehicle? It's $12 for parking." At this point I was quite irritated, she never smiled, said anything polite or welcomed us. As we were escorted to our room I noticed the general dirtiness of walls, elevator buttons, elevator it's self, etc... For a nicer hotel in such a great downtown location I was quite disappointed in the front desk staff and the lack of cleanliness. Our room was adequate, yet I was not given king bed as requested (even though hotel was nearly empty) and housekeeping obviously overlooks all details. Dust everywhere, lip & nose prints on windows, the tags on sheets were at top of bed, hotel information book sticky and stained. Just gross overall. I like this hotel for price and location but staff and management does not appear to care about building or guest experience at all.

• Stayed: January 2014
Kevin B, General Manager at Westmark Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Emile M D

I am shocked that you thought our Hotel to be dirty! while we are certainly not the newest and have an Alaskan rustic feel to the Lobby and rooms we never get complaints like yours, I am truly sorry that both your experience at the Front Desk and your opinion of the Building was not up to your expectations, I have spoken to our Front Desk Manager to see who was working at the time you checked in and remind them that what we nomally get so many compliments on is the service and warmth of our team, I will also check the room you were in to see if there was any issues while you were with us.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The staff was incredibly helpful and very accommodating. Will definitely stay again. My boyfriend caught a cold on our first night at the hotel and a young man named Solat ran around the corner to pick up juice for him because he didn't want me out walking alone late at night. Such a wonderful employee!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jgenerous
Kevin B, General Manager at Westmark Anchorage, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear GJenerous

Thank you so much for your kind words, I will pass along your comments to Solat, he is a great team member and i am sure it will come as no surprize to you that he is one of 6 team members here at the Westmark Anchorage nominated for a "Stars of the Industry award" this year, we are very proud of him, again thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you bvack with us again soon.