Westmark Anchorage
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$100
Comfort Inn Ship Creek(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$71
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hotels.com
US$77
US$67
QualityInn
Best Western Golden Lion Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$114
US$111
BestWestern.com
US$67
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$140
Travelocity
The Hotel Captain Cook(Anchorage)
US$185
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanheart of downtowncentral locationbit datedfront desk stafffew blocksfitness centersolsticebalconies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here in late May. The hotel is nice and accommodating, a little hard to find, so be on the look out when using your GPS. We had a situation upon arrival, seems my travel agent did not book this hotel. My fault to begin with, I booked this hotel, but with the wrong dates, realizing my error, I called my agent who spoke with the Westmark manager a day or two prior to my arrival and corrected my dates or so we thought. When I arrived Alex who works at the front told me I was not booked, but remembered my travel agent calling and the situation. After another call we realized the agent inadvertently booked me at another hotel, her mistake. I was in a nighmare, being sent across town to a seedy hotel. That is another story, but let me tell you how wonderful Alex at Westmark was. After leaving the other hotel, I could not stay there, I was scared, it was late and I was back on the phone with my agent. We returned to Westmark and Alex and Raquel were so understanding of our situation. I could not get my money back from the other hotel in town and Alex and Raquel did all they could for me to get me in a room and discount it. When you have a situation like this and your in another state and you are traumatized, the other place really scared me, the people at Westmark were there for me. I want to thank Westmark and personally thank Raquel and Alex for understand my situation and helping us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our group showed up and we walked up seven flights of stairs. The line to use the two small elevators was extremely long and I just wanted to rest. I wasn't happy with the quality of the room and we couldn't get the sliding door to the balcony to lock. Wasn't impressed.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I believe this hotel chainis actualy owned by Holland America Cruise lines. Holland America likes to think they are of higher quality than their competitors. This hotel, however, did not meet that standard. It was sorely outdated, poorly decorated and an uncomfortable feeling of uncleanliness. The hallways had a musty smell much like I would envision mold to smell. On a positive side, the staff were very pleasant.

1  Thank Dmcdon2851
Reviewed 15 June 2014

We stayed there as part of our land package tour with Holland America. The hotel is fine, rooms were clean and spacious. We had a balcony!!! Like other reviewers, the breakfast was overpriced. Check-in was not well organized. Since almost all of the guests are on a HAL tour, it should ave been better organized.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Free wifi and that's about all the good I can say for the hotel. I phoned hotel to request room on upper level for a view and near elevator for health reasons. Our room was on the third level and hard to sleep because of street noise. $18 breakfast buffet has poor selection of food but very pleased they had earl grey tea. Hotel needs remodeled and it would be nice to have in room safe

1  Thank Carole D