Black Angus Inn
Lakeshore Inn & Suites(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$75
Anchorage Grand Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$106
Hampton.com
Historic Anchorage Hotel(Anchorage)
US$123
  • Breakfast included
Fairfield Inn & Suites Anchorage Midtown(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$144
Hotel Alyeska(Girdwood)
US$135
Orbitz.com
Dimond Center Hotel(Anchorage)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$110
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2009

This should be classified as a Hourly Rental in the slum part of Anchorage. Not safe to walk from Hotel. Rooms do not have locks. Sheets are not cleaned between guests. Dirty Carptet, Dirty Refridge and Microwave.
Booked a Week, as it showed "Clean and remodeled" This is not the case. Just new Korean Owners.
Three Rooms shown, all worse than the prior room. 2-3 beds stuffed in each room. You could not pay Homeless to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
7  Thank AmericaNorthwest
Reviewed 4 September 2008

I Have To AgreeWith everyone except the one who gave this HOTEL the good review. When We Walked into the room i looked around and told my daughter not to sit or touch anything. I got the phone book and called the hotel my friends were staying the Clarion (WONDERFUL) When i told the receptionist where i was he said get out now aand gave me the rate my friends got months before. fortunatly i did get my Everyone who did not should get together and go to small claims court. Let Judge Judy get her hands on them.. THIS IS A PAY BY THE HORE I MEAN HOUR MOTEL.

• Stayed: June 2005, travelled with family
7  Thank momssie
Reviewed 16 July 2007

Well...I was aware of the reviews written here and "rolled the dice". I have been to Anchorage a half dozen times or so, usually on cruise destinations, but this time it was just my brother-in-law and I doing some fishing around the Kenai area. I wanted a room at the Comfort Inn, but that cost $200/night. The Black Angus was almost half that, so my expectations were accordingly. The receptionist at the desk was very pleasant and helpful. A man was busy picking up litter around the property both nights we stayed. We were assigned one of the "nice" rooms according to the receptionist. The room itself had a modern card key lock, the sheets were clean, bathroom clean, tv worked great. A small fridge and microwave oven were present and in fairly new condition. The carpeting was not very clean, so I wasn't running around the room in bare feet. The neighborhood in which this hotel is located is a lower income area, with a couple liquor stores nearby and the usual types of people which frequent these areas. While we were on the hotel property, nobody bothered us. However, off property we did get an offhand proposition from a woman who "needed a ride to the Black Angus". Another time we noticed an individual urinating behind a telephone pole beside the hotel. This hotel is probably not the best for a family to spend the week, but if you're needing a place for a couple nights and the budget is tight--I'd do it again!

• Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank Bugsy3
Reviewed 6 July 2007

Where do I start! First of all, there are drunk homeless people hanging around the Hotel asking for change and digging through the garbage for scraps of food. The dead bolt on my door doesnt work and the window (which has no screen) didnt lock. When I asked for a differnet room, they told me there wasnt anymore available. Here are some more things (in no particular order) that is wrong with this place.
1. All the vending machines were empty.
2. The Laundry room was out of order (the entire week I was here)
3. Homeless people roam the halls (I found one passed out behind the ice machine)
4. The rooms stink.
5. The bedding has cigerette burns in them ( I was in a non-smoking room)
6. Sirens from cops or firetrucks are a constant noise in this nieghborhood,

Never again will a settle to save a few bucks when it comes to a hotel stay

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled on business
8  Thank dc1randy
Reviewed 21 June 2007

This palce is not worth the money. Spend a little more and have peace of mind. The promised airport pick-up was a lie. When I made the reservation I specifically asked if they have 24 hour airport pick-up service. They said yes. Two days before our arrival my wife called again and they said just call us upon arrival we will pick you up. We arrived at the airport called and were told the van driver went home to take a cab and they will deduct $10.00 from the hotel room. Well the cab fare was $20.00 and they only credited $10.00. We needed to go to the train station and they also said that the hotel will provide transportation. Twice we reconfirm and both times they said not a problem. Well when the time to go the train station came guess what; no van they said it will be another our before the van will show up that if needed to go we will have to pay for a cab. We did it and no reimbursement. On the lbby there is a sign saying that they provide transportation to airport hospitals train station ect. What a joke.

The rooms smelled like cigar smoke or something funky, no AC just a floor fan. The reoson we stay there is because we were going on a cruise. If you are on a cruise DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple