“so perfect!!”

Ranked #58 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
Anchorage, Alaska
“so perfect!!”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I came here with 4 of my girlfriends to do ladies weedkend while the Dads are doing Daddies Daycare. lolz. The people here are so helpful and nice. The rooms are like studio apartments with a cute kitchen. House Keeping are very nice and fast when we needed help with anything. ( wash cloth in the tiolet....sorry..lolz) If your comimg with group of friends or family function or just that special person this place is perfect!!!!

Room Tip: ask about the Queen Suite . VERY big worth the price!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
JulieGM, Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Hey Natasha! What a great review! Thanks you so much. You and your friends were a pleasure... please come back soon and bring your gorgeous twins!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 24 August 2012

I am very pleased with the guest services of the Parkwood Inn. I move a crew of over 130 people for a large oil company and this facility has done an excellent job providing clean comfortable lodging. I love being able to put my crew there and supply them with 400-500 sq ft living areas plus kitchens. The owner did go out and buy all the amenities I asked for to be put in each room. Making my hard working crew happy is hard and this location is perfect. Long term lodging with fair prices and a quiet atmosphere is great. For the convenience of long term lodging that feels like an apartment this is great for corporate rentals. Take the time to ask the GM to meet your needs and she will make it happen. Thank you Julie and Randy.
Sarah

Room Tip: If you smoke please ask for a room on the North side so you don't impact the non smokers at the...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dawgoneqt
JulieGM, Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
It's nice to know that our hard work is pleasing our guests. Working with Sarah has been great for business and quite an education! Thank you Sarah, your contract with us is very important. To other potential guests out there... come and see what's new at the Parkwood Inn and Suites!
Reviewed 11 August 2012

There are times in your life that you realize the possibilities of phenomonal service. My few days at The Parkwood Inn were a shining light in the dim journey that is my life. I have never felt such a warm feeling when I was greeted by Randy, sole proprietor, and his staff. Recent renovations have the sheen of the exterior visible from the many prop planes navigating daily. From the lobby to the gardens, this establishment shines above the rest. I recommend few, and shun many, but this is the cream of the crop and the bees knees. I'm already booked for next year...

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank FPRCGM
JulieGM, Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Wow! What a great review. Thank you, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Please come again soon!
Amsterdam
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Got this recommended by TravelLodge when I found them full, they told me I would get a discount if I told them they referred me to them. I assumed they'd be in the same price range and booked via phone as I found other motels of my choice to be full (was booking a day in advance). I was mistakenm the discount I ended up paying 200 dollars for a night for a room with 2 beds and a kitchenette (for which I had no use).
Large room but not clean, dust everywhere; found two hairs on a pillow which werent ours.
Wifi did not work in the room either, had to go down to the lobby.
Staff was friendly but ineffective.
NOT recommended, even if it was the last place in town.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tripdogg

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Chicken, Alaska
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We arrived at 3am on a Saturday nite and the place was as quiet as could be (no sign of partiers, etc. Same peaceful quiet the next morning/noon.) We'd never been there so didn't see it under the old management but it was clean, quiet (a wee bit of road noise was all) and the staff was very pleasant. It's definitely an older place, so shows some wear, but just like my jeans when they come out of the wash, they are clean but show character ;-).

They had a picnic area and an area to walk dogs. For the price, in the summer in Alaska, I was really happy. A few washing machines available in the evening.

We really appreciated the full kitchen!!!!! Our large room had a couch (sofa bed?? I didn't need to look so don't know) and chair plus a small table with chairs. It also had a patio (separate door) but we didn't check that out.

the only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is I sorta think that's for really fancy places or island locales, which this wasn't. Very utilitarian, It was perfect for us :-). 2 queen beds.

Room Tip: rooms at the front will be further from the Seward hwy and hence quieter.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank PorcupineMama
JulieGM, Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Thank you for staying weith us! We look forward to your next visit!
Chitina, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

having stayed here in the past, i had vowed never to return. i was forced to because every other hotel in town was full.
i was pleasantly surprised. the room was clean and the staff were friendly and helpful. the price is way better than other hotels in anchorage, and they don't keep your deposit just because you're checking out a little late.
i saw no bugs or drunks or condoms during my stay. definitely recommend, even if you've had a bad experience in the past, and my business will return.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Charlie K
Cordova, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I needed a room for one night in a midtown hotel and stayed at the Parkwood Inn. My room was large and clean. Unlike my experience with other Anchorage hotels, my entire stay it was quiet. The staff were pleasant and very courteous. I will go back when I need a room in Anchorage.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business