“I like it & I'm glad I stumbled across itWill stay when in Anchorage AK :-D”
Review of Parkwood Inn

Parkwood Inn
Ranked #58 of 73 Hotels in Anchorage
“I like it & I'm glad I stumbled across itWill stay when in Anchorage AK :-D”
Reviewed 15 February 2013 via mobile

I was told about the Hotel by a friend of mine because I liked to cook. I don't drive & that's ok because the location is across the street from a shopping center/restaurant . It Will be my selection when in Anchorage AK :-D
Nice People

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank GreeneryEyes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tok, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 1 February 2013

I find this Inn very comfortable with home-like rooms. The kitchens are stocked with dishes, utensils, and the appliances that make eating in easy. Even though it's on a quiet street, it's conveniently located for where ever you need to go in Anchorage and has easy access to the main thoroughfares. It has a good parking area with plenty of room for trailers. My husband insists that whenever we go to Anchorage we stay at the Parkwood Inn, because the staff are very helpful and friendly, calling us by name whenever we come to town.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lyndell G
Soldotna, Alaska
Reviewed 19 January 2013

I was looking for a place for a month and just glad I didn't choose this place! The outside did not look anything like the website. It looked run down. Something told me I wouldn't like it after standing waiting to check in for quite a bit of time. The old lady at the desk was so slow doing very little. I noticed the lobby was untidy and I decided to ask to look at the room before checking in. SMART MOVE on my part! The room was dusty, poorly lit, carpets looked dirty, room smelled of pets (I have allergies to dogs, cats, dust, etc) the kitchen area was really disgusting. It was like no one bothered to clean it. The stove was dirty and when I opened the oven yuck! I opened a closet door and almost puked. It smelled BAD!!! I think someone spilled booze on the carpet. It was stained and just so gross.
I went back and told the lady that the room smelled bad and when she looked at me like what? I told her about the booze and pet smell she just said no pets stayed in that room before but you never no if someone sneaked one in. Needless to say I chose not to stay there.

Room Tip: Look at the room before checking in! Smelly pets come on in!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Akfishing

Travellers are raving about these Anchorage hotels

Cordova, Alaska, United States
Reviewed 29 November 2012

This hotel is older, but has been recently updated with new paint and some fixtures. It was clean, most everything worked, and the staff is frendly. Being an older building it does show some wear and tear. The head boards have scuffs, tables are marked, stains on the carpet and furniture, ect. The rooms are large with a handy kitchen. In our room the stove didn't work and two kitchen drawers were missing their fronts. The kitchen was stocked with pots, pans, dishes, and silverwear.
The bathroom was clean, has a marble counter, and the tub has been redone. There were some marks on the walls and the front door didn't seal that well, but the deadbolt was very stecure. The heat worked but had two settings, on and off. If I turned on the thermostat it would get to about 80 in the room, the only option was to turn it off, which worked alright as the room didn't get that cold even with the heat off.
The walls are very thin and you can easily hear your neighbors. Thankfully it is very empty this time of year and I only could hear the unit above me walking on the floor.
From reading past reviews it appears the management has cleaned up the place and is choosy about who they allow to stay, which is a good thing. Overall this is an average place with good prices for those looking for a longer stay who don't mind not haveing the best of everything. There are definately much worse choices in town.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Nate T
Reviewed 25 October 2012

It was a nice cozy place. Lots of space. And location is perfect.Service was great. Not too much traffic. Felt very secure in staying here. I will definitely be back again. The rooms were very large, the beds were comfy. I really appreciated all the service they gave.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Londonestela
JulieGM, Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future! Do you have relatives or friends coming for the holidays? If you are running out of space we would be happy to have them stay with us. Thanks again!
Reviewed 9 October 2012

The Parkwood Inn was a sight for sore eyes as we rolled in to Anchorage and were given "the runaround" by several hotels with poor customer service. Finally we landed at the Parkwood and were welcomed with great front desk service. The hotel accepted my dog with open arms and for a very reasonable price we got a great room! It had a nice bathroom good beds, a couch, a huge closet and a massive balcony. I definitely recommend this hotel for any weary traveller looking for a good place to hang your hat and your dog leash.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank DoolyRamos
JulieGM, General Manager at Parkwood Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments! We appreciate our guests' input. We are happy to accomodate traveling pups. There is a big box of doggie treats at the front desk ssshhhhhhh! I am looking forward to your next visit, please be sure to call us regarding any of our PFD, weekly specials, or AFN deals!!
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Stayed at Parkwood Inn for almost a month. I felt very safe. The power went out in a big storm and the staff was very professional and kept everyone calm. Great manager and staff. This is a nice clean hotel and very quiet. Everyone was very helpful. Thanks Parkwood Inn Staff for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay! That wind storm was really something else! :) I know you'll be returning to see us when you travel. Thank you again.